• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-Daman Crossfire takes over Blue Ox Games!
wanted to make a post incase any NC B-shots happen to join the fourm
anyway more than likely its really going to be unofficial because I'm simply trying to test the waters and see how many people would be interested and obviously, no entry fee

the tournament will take place at Blue Ox Games

Date is October 5th, at 5:00 PM!

we will be using official Hasbro B-damarbles and while I am testing out the level of interest, to appeal to older B-daman players I WILL be allowing official Battle B-daman figures to be used alongside any official Crossfight/Crossfire B-daman aside from this we will be fallowing the official B-daman Wiki rules

Game types:
Confirmed: Vertigo spin/Break Ball
Possible: Break Bomber

Event page on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/201724903333026/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular
[Image: FJ9BEy.gif]
This will take place in north Carolina?
A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
[quote name="MasterRPGMan" post="2696" timestamp="1378697190"]
This will take place in north Carolina?
[/quote]

yes
Evidently we need to finish the rulebook first.

I'm not so sure about the whole "no entry fee" thing. Perhaps having the fees halved as it's the first time, not having no entry fee doesn't really benefit the Forums, which are already spending more than is being earned. And that's not me trying to just care about money, I honestly mean what I say.
well the issue is just the same as I mentioned on getting official B-dama, I have no access to digital money(no credit card and no paypal), if I were to do that id have to deal in cash, and sending cash via mail is usually a bad idea in of itself, Id also have to go out and get international stamps to send maybe less than 20 dollars and then youd have to go out and exchange my American money for pounds(i think?) it just seems a little overcomplicated for just checking if there is any interest at all in B-daman events where I am

should this event I am working on be a success and I can do multiple tournaments/events we can work out what to do about my money issues another time and ofcorse I will be promoting the fourms and for the people who do have access to paypal or whatever promoting the B-DaPass
[quote name="~Mana~" post="2700" timestamp="1378757526"]
Evidently we need to finish the rulebook first.

I'm not so sure about the whole "no entry fee" thing. Perhaps having the fees halved as it's the first time, not having no entry fee doesn't really benefit the Forums, which are already spending more than is being earned. And that's not me trying to just care about money, I honestly mean what I say.
[/quote]
Why would the entry fee go to the forums in the first place?
Dare I ask why it wouldn't? Did you even read the "Donations - Where They Go" thread:

Quote:I'll be quite open about this. Hosting is around £7 a month as it currently stands. The domain name is £10 a year. That's instantly £94 ($150) a year to maintain it, excluding possible other costs. While I'm quite happy to pay this myself, I always appreciate help in doing so.

The fact that you think they wouldn't is extremely ignorant.
Because the forums, to my knowledge, isn't supplying anything. Isn't hosting the event. Isn't providing the venue. Call it ignorance, but I don't see why money should go to the forums.
The forums are hosting a place for players to meet up, are holding rankings for each player and monitoring all tournaments. We hold giveaways, provide discounts with Dimsum2u and create a competitive world for B-Daman.

The entry fee is totalled and part of it goes against tournament prizes and venue costs (if any), but the rest goes into an account for the forums to pay for hosting, features and giveaways.
Well if we come to you saying there will be an event, technically you're not hosting it, whoever came up with the idea is but I digress. Any who, from what I can tell there hasn't been anything big. Or rather anything in general that provides a competitive scene. Simply talk. But it's whatever, should I host events in the future (I most likely am) I don't think I'll have a fee for entry to satisfy thoughs who don't even use this forum, and from what I can tell, unfortunately many b-shots don't. So this "donation" fee is new to me, sorry if I offended you.
We haven't finished our rulebook yet, nor do we have enough users, so how could we host anything at all? We're branching out and expanding a lot quicker than we thought we would. The Forums were created a mere three months ago, so we're doing well considering B-Daman has only just restarted in western countries.

If you want to host a tournament without an entry fee and without requiring users to sign up here, you can do it independently and elsewhere, but we have our rules here. They aren't exactly unreasonable and fees are designed to be strictly non-profit. Other users don't disagree with them, and they understand why they are required; because without, the forums would not exist and you would not be able to speak to other B-Shots. You wouldn't be able to enter into giveaways, or have the benefits of buying at cheaper prices from Dimsum2u.
[quote name="~Mana~" post="2708" timestamp="1378766717"]
We haven't finished our rulebook yet, nor do we have enough users, so how could we host anything at all? We're branching out and expanding a lot quicker than we thought we would. The Forums were created a mere three months ago, so we're doing well considering B-Daman has only just restarted in western countries.

If you want to host a tournament without an entry fee and without requiring users to sign up here, you can do it independently and elsewhere, but we have our rules here. They aren't exactly unreasonable and fees are designed to be strictly non-profit. Other users don't disagree with them, and they understand why they are required; because without, the forums would not exist and you would not be able to speak to other B-Shots. You wouldn't be able to enter into giveaways, or have the benefits of buying at cheaper prices from Dimsum2u.
[/quote]

while I agree with this you see where I am coming from right? the only reason I don't want to do a fee for this one in particular is because there is no way to be sure if anyone would even show up, its all about getting our names out there and showing that we exist so that we can get people to have proper events along with the b-dapass/fee
Well, we can continue this in PM then.
Updated the first post with all the info I got I cant wait
It's been 7 days after October 5, so how did it go?
Away
oh it went pretty well for a first time and on the chaos that went with it, I waited around for the vanguard tournament to be over so that I would have a better chance of pulling in random people, I went from 2 to 8 people in about 10 mins but none of them had any b-daman, so I had to lend out the whole of my collection(with some people sharing) Id forgotten my laptop so I couldn't use the automatic brackets id made earler so I had to sketch up a quick bracket and I tried for a round robin setup which I should have done on 2 pieces of paper, not 1 and I ended up mixing up people who have battled but Id kept  track of the number of wins each player had so we agreed that distributeing prizes was fair that way, to everyone who didn't get a prize I gave an extra coupon for 3 dollars of a b-daman figure overall it was fun, compediters were supportive and helpful in locating any marbles that left the table(which were a lot) overall id say it was a success however it was clear that it being free was the only reason anyone was interested in giving it a try I may try and partner with the store and try to do it as a monthly thing but I'm not so sure if I can get them to support the fourm

things I will do for any future events I host:

keep laptop in my bag the day before
aim for sunday to avoid the business of Saturday
try to have a poster put up in the store to drum up more interest
It'd be nice if both ourselves and Blue Ox Games could support each other, even if it meant going splits on proceeds for the use of their store. It's a great opportunity for them to gain customers, and us to gain more members and get more interested in B-Daman.

But hopefully you'll have less trouble next time. Props for actually setting up a tournament though, and thanks for sharing your experience with us
If I had come to the forums then I would have came. I'm a NC B-Shot. Sorry ^^
I have made a lot of mistakes in my life... I don't want losing you to be one of them... ~Elfen Lied

B-Daman Fanon:
[quote name="arkra12" post="4746" timestamp="1386212134"]
If I had come to the forums then I would have came. I'm a NC B-Shot. Sorry ^^
[/quote]

no worries, I wanna do another this month if there is any open spaces