• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-Daman Fireblast Break Bomber Battlefield
Well, Hasbro's releasing a new version of the Break Bomber Battlefield for B-Daman Fireblast but it's not what you would expect. Because instead of localizing DX Break Bomber 7, they just recolored the original Break Bomber Battlefield!?

[Image: C65A3D6550569047F5424A2852E1BFB8.jpg]

Differences
  • The yellow tower is now a blue tower
  • The 20 yellow bombs are now 20 blue bombs
  • The 5 red bombs are now 5 five green bombs
  • The yellow walls are now blue walls
  • Includes Rising Dracyan and Force Dragren (name pending additional confirmation)
  • May include Scope Magazines
  • Does not include Collector Cards but still advertises http://bdamanbattles.com
  • Oh, and they reused the same tower stickers
You're never gonna get this
Obviously Hasbro was trying to make a cheap Break Bomber Battlefield that used the color schemes of DX Break Bomber 7 - most noticeably with the colors of the bombs. Because Hasbro only releases one "big box set" per their yearly toy lines like Beyblade Legends and B-Daman Crossfire, don't expect Hasbro to announce a DX Break Bomber 7, much less a Meteor Bomber...

At least we get Rising Dracyan and Force Dragren (no, not that one). Rising Dracyan remains unchanged look-wise and so does Force Dragren or whatever the heck Hasbro's calling Assault=Dragren because there's no way of knowing when none of the names are visible on the box... I guess this means Proto 01 will forever be trapped in Hasbro limbo. And it seems like Hasbro's turning the Scope Magazine into the Wide Magazine of this series - the Crossfire Break Bomber used Wide Magazines but the yellow Takara Tomy CB-67 Scope Magazine is seemingly attached to Rising Dracyan on the box art. The included Dragren isn't illustrated using any Magazine for that matter but that could just be a design error and an extra Scope Magazine might be inside. After seeing Kreis Raydra with Scope Magazine, it's not exactly thrilling to see more of the same. Wouldn't it be way more appropriate if Hasbro packed a Magnum Arm and Dash Stabilizer instead? Though with the whopping amount of marbles inside, maybe Magazines would be better but can't they be more diverse?

It also seems like Rising Dracyan and Force Dragren/Assault=Dragren/who the heck even knows!? might actually be exclusive to this set. I can understand why due to the poor performance of Crossfire and it provides a powerful incentive to get it for the B-Daman inside whereas the Crossfire Break Bomber B-Damans (Thunder Dracyan, Lightning Dravise) were simply recolors you could get for even cheaper by buying them separately (then again Break Bomber's now like five dollars so it doesn't matter).

Wait a minute, those guys look familiar.

This is lazy, this is very lazy.
Away
They could of at least added the extra towers even if they don't move. Its still be more accurate than this even without the movement
[Image: Kodoh_Kuraki.jpg]

Thanks to kyousuke for the Sig.
Well, the design of the original Break Bomber doesn't have any space for the extra towers, this is lazier than anything they've done before, at least the proposed Blaster Core B-Daman that we never got were going to have a Zero-2 DHB Core *only saying this to make a point at how lazy Hasbro is getting*.

[Image: 7.jpg]
I pretty much saw this coming. If they couldn't pull off the other waves of B-Daman, they couldn't even add two more towers on the sides. Takara Tomy always has to one-up Hasbro in some places...this is one of them. And the box picture.....it's called Photoshop people, Photoshop. It really adds a "big noticeable" difference. I'm joking about the Photoshop thing, but they really looked like they used it.

<p class="bbc_center">[Image: StaticBladez11Signature%60.png]

<p class="bbc_center">(Edboy3 made this Signature ^_^)
Quote:And the box picture.....it's called Photoshop people, Photoshop.

We can see that...

I was making a point that Hasbro was too lazy to photograph two new kids playing with the set or at least be more creative...
Away
I know Ed, I was just being humorous about it, x).

It sounded more like trying to be smart when the Photoshop thing was kind of implied, to be honest.

I also noticed Rising Dracyan will use blue marbles while Force Dragren has green ones. The new B-Da Marble replacements for the Ultra B-Da Marbles with the Dracyan and Dragren Emblem designs look very nice.
Away
In other ways, the B-Daman set is okay, I was hoping for a "Drive Garuburn V.S Rising Dracyan Set" But Assault Dragren with Rising Dracyan is okay. I just hope that they don't make Assault Dragren exclusively for the Break Bomber Battle Set and make him a starter too..

And I thought the LOGO was lazy....... dammit hasbro! get yer shedoodles together!!!!

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/RevGaruburn/media/imagejpg2_zps96e792d9.jpg.html">[Image: imagejpg2_zps96e792d9.jpg]</a>
To be entirely honest, I'm not surprised at all by the choice to just recolor the regular Break Bomber. I'm pretty sure with how Hasbro's been treating B-Daman as just a bit of a "side project" compared to everything else it would have been just a little bit too much effort for them to bring over the DX Break Bomber 7. I do still kind of hold out hope to see Meteor Bomber, but I'm not exactly gonna hold my breath either.

That all said, the Rising Dracyan and Whatever Dragren would probably be enough to convince me to get this... but then I'd have three Break Bombers lying around.

[Image: arcadesig.png]
Rough translation of the product description:

Away
Quote:To be entirely honest, I'm not surprised at all by the choice to just recolor the regular Break Bomber. I'm pretty sure with how Hasbro's been treating B-Daman as just a bit of a "side project" compared to everything else it would have been just a little bit too much effort for them to bring over the DX Break Bomber 7. I do still kind of hold out hope to see Meteor Bomber, but I'm not exactly gonna hold my breath either.

That all said, the Rising Dracyan and Whatever Dragren would probably be enough to convince me to get this... but then I'd have three Break Bombers lying around.
Well, Hasbro has other toylines to manage besides B-Daman, but hey, I think it's cool they're including Rising Dracyan in this!
[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
Assault=Dragren is now confirmed to be renamed Force Dragren. This is not a typo and it is not the same thing as Force=Dragen. So keep that equal sign in mind when you're referring to either. Also confirmed is an extra light green Scope Magazine for Force Dragren. The tower also seems to be a much darker blue and the green bombs are much lighter shades of green. The walls are light blue apparently. The red header at the top of the tower is also a much more vibrant red. The blue and green marbles are darker.
Away
Aw, good night Irene, this is going to cause some confusion!

[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
Quote:Well, Hasbro has other toylines to manage besides B-Daman, but hey, I think it's cool they're including Rising Dracyan in this!
Oh, no, I know, what I was trying to imply was that Hasbro doesn't treat this with the same kind of effort they put into something that's already successful like Transformers or Beyblade. Like, if they assign their A Team to those franchises, B-Daman most definitely gets the B Team (or C Team, depending on how cynical you are, I guess), if that makes sense. I mean, it's a bit obvious considering how it's performing that they wouldn't go all out with it, but it's still a little disappointing.

That being said, on-topic... the more I look at this, the worse and worse the actual packaging looks to me and I can only imagine how many kids are gonna miss out on grabbing one of these because it looks too much like the original Break Bomber and their parents won't care enough to notice/understand the difference. (Also, am I the only one who always laughs at the way that one kid's smiling? Looks like he's bound to accidentally swallow a marble any second...)

I'm not even gonna comment on the name confusion that will surely come of this change. It's a shame it could have all been avoided if it weren't for the whole Thunder/Lightning/Strike thing to begin with, but what's done is done, I guess.
[Image: arcadesig.png]
Quote:(Also, am I the only one who always laughs at the way that one kid's smiling? Looks like he's bound to accidentally swallow a marble any second...)

That. Right there is totally funny.

Somewhat cruel humor aside, if Hasbro is that lazy to make modifications to their little "remake", well, too bad for the kiddies who already have a Break Bomber. But hey, if their parents do decide to buy rhem another Break Bomber, kids can extend the battlefield or decorate it, I suppose. You never know what's Hasbro is onto. (Okay, that was a bit off topic, but whatever.)
A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but I figured I should point out that there are a couple listings on eBay for this set. I personally can't justify shelling out the cash to import it from Italy, but it is available for anyone interested. 

They could have at least thrown in some extras. Just swapping dravice with dragren they could have at least thrown in some extra bdama or maybe some targets (Or not waste everyone's time and just make break bomber 7 or meteor bomber! ) I think I'll wait out for something better...
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
Whoever at Hasbro decided that a green trigger goes great on a blue Rising Dracyan needs to be shot. I thought we'd gotten past dodgy colours, but I guess not then. EDIT: Nevermind, read the comments and saw that Zankye had put the wrong trigger in. Guess Hasbro can live...for now.

The inclusion of the Emblem Charge System B-Daman makes this set a must buy in comparison to the Crossfire Break Bomber, but I'm still unsure on the colours. I'd probably end up recolouring the blocks myself.

Not that it matters, since the UK still doesn't get any B-Daman stuff.  <_<

Quote:Just to clarify the rules of break-bomber if im wrong or missing anything please tell

There are 10 marbles per person

If one of your marbles land on the other side your opponent now has it

If you hit 3 red blocks you win

DONT SAY RELOAD

if a block is hit still continue 

So is this the correct way or am i missing anything?

Ten marbles per player at the start, meaning there are twenty in play in total. If you shoot a marble through the field and onto your opponents half, it's theirs to use, you can't touch that anymore. That means you have 9 and your opponent has 11. Of course, this works both ways, so your opponent could always end up giving you more marbles. Just to add, marbles that are fired outside of the field cannot be used anymore and are considered out-of-play.

The game has an ultimate goal to get three red (or cyan if you're using the new colour scheme) blocks onto your opponents side of the field. Takara-Tomy also has an update version of Break Bomber titled "DX Break Bomber 7", which has seven blocks to knock and, therefore, you need to knock four onto your opponents side instead.

There isn't a rule about saying when you're reloading. You can say it if you want to, it won't make a difference. However, the game does continue while you're reloading. If a block is hit, you definitely continue. The game pretty much never pauses at all. From the moment you declare "Ready, Aim, Crossfire" to the point of a player winning, there will be no pauses, so you need to be quick on the trigger and fast to reload if you want to win.

Another thing to note is that a player cannot lift their B-Daman off of the surface of the area. If a player does, they must return it to the surface before reloading or firing. It can be a difficult rule to follow, but it's in the rulebook anyway. Lastly, you cannot remove marbles or blocks from the field. All debris must stay on your side of the field. A player can move the debris to one side of their area with their hand if they like, so that it doesn't get in the way of their shots.

Hopefully that enlightens you a little bit more Smile