• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input!
that one i don't know....
I think as long as the bdaman doesn't exceed the area of the arena it is still count as legal...
I seriously think the rules should allow you to glue the OS Super b daman arms on. As I've said before they are very fragile and crack very easily. If glued right it will not affect performance. Usually I'm agaist moding but these bdaman are super rare and expensive and it's not easy finding spares. Also, a player is not allowed to touch the hold parts in the core(didn't know if you guys knew that or not).
[quote name="trap" post="857" timestamp="1374132628"]
I seriously think the rules should allow you to glue the OS Super b daman arms on. As I've said before they are very fragile and crack very easily. If glued right it will not affect performance. Usually I'm agaist moding but these bdaman are super rare and expensive and it's not easy finding spares. Also, a player is not allowed to touch the hold parts in the core(didn't know if you guys knew that or not).
[/quote]

But if a player refrains from touching their Hold Parts or squeezing OS B-Damans' Arms, wouldn't that prevent breakage, trap?

This needs to be addressed: Trigger add-ons. Looking at the Spin Core, it has two variants in: the Core Random Booster Vol. 1 and Spin=Leohjya/Thunder Leo. The Random Booster release did not include the "Trigger pad" Spin=Leohjya and Thunder Leo contained. This pad made it easier and comfortable to shoot but considering how it can be taken off and be placed on any other Cross Fight Trigger, do we set a restriction? As in can parts like that only be used on their corresponding Core and not a different one?

I'm with it. While it increases easiness and even power, it could be used on Cores such as Rising and Spike and their normal Triggers pretty much balances their use. The same should go for Oneside, Across, Burst, Steer, Jet, Gatling and Right.
Away
It's safe to say that trigger add-ons should only be used with the parts they're from. So if you want to use the extension fron Spin or Jet, you have to use the correct core. Same with the extensions from the Ultimate Arm and any other extension-offering products.
[quote name="EdBoy3" post="950" timestamp="1374518809"]
[quote author=trap link=topic=46.msg857#msg857 date=1374132628]
[/quote]

But if a player refrains from touching their Hold Parts or squeezing OS B-Damans' Arms, wouldn't that prevent breakage, trap?
[/quote]The arms on the OS b-daman are connected to the hold parts....My 2nd master koryakuo sp 2 arm cracked after a few days of having it and I don't remember ever holding the hold parts (aside from when I assembled the b-daman) If you use the wrong size bidama they will crack very quickly and with time they crack from pressure. I think Takara might have realized this and released the PI-system b-daman with screws in their arms...(this is just a theory though)I'm just saying that when they do eventually crack, if you don't glue them they will completely break and be useless. I'm actually against applying glue or paint to my b-daman but since this has happened to 5 of my OS b-daman and made one of them useless, I just thout'd it'd be a good idea to allow for them to be glued. Plus they are quite rare and expensive and a replacement isn't easy to find Sad
[quote name="trap" post="955" timestamp="1374531102"]
The arms on the OS b-daman are connected to the hold parts....My 2nd master koryakuo sp 2 arm cracked after a few days of having it and I don't remember ever holding the hold parts (aside from when I assembled the b-daman) If you use the wrong size bidama they will crack very quickly and with time they crack from pressure. I think Takara might have realized this and released the PI-system b-daman with screws in their arms...(this is just a theory though)I'm just saying that when they do eventually crack, if you don't glue them they will completely break and be useless. I'm actually against applying glue or paint to my b-daman but since this has happened to 5 of my OS b-daman and made one of them useless, I just thout'd it'd be a good idea to allow for them to be glued. Plus they are quite rare and expensive and a replacement isn't easy to find Sad
[/quote]

Was your Master Kōryakuō SPII using larger B-Dama? If not, then gluing them would be accepted as long as it does not affect performance or anything of that nature.
Away
[quote name="EdBoy3" post="977" timestamp="1374696083"]
[quote author=trap link=topic=46.msg955#msg955 date=1374531102]
The arms on the OS b-daman are connected to the hold parts....My 2nd master koryakuo sp 2 arm cracked after a few days of having it and I don't remember ever holding the hold parts (aside from when I assembled the b-daman) If you use the wrong size bidama they will crack very quickly and with time they crack from pressure. I think Takara might have realized this and released the PI-system b-daman with screws in their arms...(this is just a theory though)I'm just saying that when they do eventually crack, if you don't glue them they will completely break and be useless. I'm actually against applying glue or paint to my b-daman but since this has happened to 5 of my OS b-daman and made one of them useless, I just thout'd it'd be a good idea to allow for them to be glued. Plus they are quite rare and expensive and a replacement isn't easy to find Sad
[/quote]

Was your Master Kōryakuō SPII using larger B-Dama? If not, then gluing them would be accepted as long as it does not affect performance or anything of that nature.
[/quote]I broke the first one from using larger bidaman but I think the second ones arm started to crack just from taking it apart/putting it together(I'm not really sure what caused it) I noticed more reinforcements on fighting phoenix's arm peghole, this is probably due to the pressure that his drive strip core puts on the arms. The glue does'nt affect performance unless you accidentally glue the arm to the body. You have to be real careful and apply a thin layer just to the peg so it won't drip.It wouldn't be such a big deal if replacements were easy to obtain but I haven't seen a fighting phoenix on ebay, except the one for $187.00 in a while...Plus it's not like any current rules are established for super b-daman. Who knows? Takara might have let you do whatever to your b-daman back in the 90's lol the only b-daman with this problem are the OS b-daman, the rest of the super b-daman should last as long as you use the correct size bidama. I also think it should be against the rules for pi-system b-daman to be used with broken tabs on their core. The tabs are used to stabilize the core so you can make a more efficient shot, when they break the core tends to get less powerful and less accurate(In my experience anyway) All of my PI-system b-daman have broken tabs, except for the Iron cyclops that I have yet to receive. It is very Important to use the right bidama ...
[quote name="trap" post="1001" timestamp="1374806359"]
I broke the first one from using larger bidaman but I think the second ones arm started to crack just from taking it apart/putting it together(I'm not really sure what caused it) I noticed more reinforcements on fighting phoenix's arm peghole, this is probably due to the pressure that his drive strip core puts on the arms. The glue does'nt affect performance unless you accidentally glue the arm to the body. You have to be real careful and apply a thin layer just to the peg so it won't drip.It wouldn't be such a big deal if replacements were easy to obtain but I haven't seen a fighting phoenix on ebay, except the one for $187.00 in a while...Plus it's not like any current rules are established for super b-daman. Who knows? Takara might have let you do whatever to your b-daman back in the 90's lol the only b-daman with this problem are the OS b-daman, the rest of the super b-daman should last as long as you use the correct size bidama. I also think it should be against the rules for pi-system b-daman to be used with broken tabs on their core. The tabs are used to stabilize the core so you can make a more efficient shot, when they break the core tends to get less powerful and less accurate(In my experience anyway) All of my PI-system b-daman have broken tabs, except for the Iron cyclops that I have yet to receive. It is very Important to use the right bidama ...
[/quote]

Then let's just emphasize how important it is to check one's Super B-Daman uses the correct B-Dama size. If people didn't take that into consideration already, most of these breakages wouldn't occur.

How did your PI B-Damans break their tabs though, trap? The wrong B-Dama again?
Away
[quote name="EdBoy3" post="1005" timestamp="1374807338"]
[quote author=trap link=topic=46.msg1001#msg1001 date=1374806359]
I broke the first one from using larger bidaman but I think the second ones arm started to crack just from taking it apart/putting it together(I'm not really sure what caused it) I noticed more reinforcements on fighting phoenix's arm peghole, this is probably due to the pressure that his drive strip core puts on the arms. The glue does'nt affect performance unless you accidentally glue the arm to the body. You have to be real careful and apply a thin layer just to the peg so it won't drip.It wouldn't be such a big deal if replacements were easy to obtain but I haven't seen a fighting phoenix on ebay, except the one for $187.00 in a while...Plus it's not like any current rules are established for super b-daman. Who knows? Takara might have let you do whatever to your b-daman back in the 90's lol the only b-daman with this problem are the OS b-daman, the rest of the super b-daman should last as long as you use the correct size bidama. I also think it should be against the rules for pi-system b-daman to be used with broken tabs on their core. The tabs are used to stabilize the core so you can make a more efficient shot, when they break the core tends to get less powerful and less accurate(In my experience anyway) All of my PI-system b-daman have broken tabs, except for the Iron cyclops that I have yet to receive. It is very Important to use the right bidama ...
[/quote]

Then let's just emphasize how important it is to check one's Super B-Daman uses the correct B-Dama size. If people didn't take that into consideration already, most of these breakages wouldn't occur.

How did your PI B-Damans break their tabs though, trap? The wrong B-Dama again?
[/quote]Yes most of the damage is from the larger bidama, but like I said I think my 2nd koryakuo broke from just putting the arm on the core peg(I am still not 100% sure on this)...the plastic is really thin. And yes, the pi b-daman's core tabs broke from the larger ones, however Battle phoenix's arm broke because I incorrectly held it.
I think TUG/VUP should be limited to two, but only one VUP can be used in a single combo. In most events, that leaves room for a magazine and one other TUG/VUP. But in events that don't require rapid fire - only power and control - they can't use both the Buster Leg AND the Cannon/Magnum Arm for an advantage.

That said... The Dash Stabilizer should be considered a VUP to Deathshell as well. Attaching that to any B-Daman is just as good as (if not better than) using the Buster Leg to begin with.
How about perfect Dragren?
A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
[quote name="IXRollOutIX" post="1016" timestamp="1374839922"]
I think TUG/VUP should be limited to two, but only one VUP can be used in a single combo. In most events, that leaves room for a magazine and one other TUG/VUP. But in events that don't require rapid fire - only power and control - they can't use both the Buster Leg AND the Cannon/Magnum Arm for an advantage.
[/quote]

Who would want to use two Version-Up Parts though? It would leave no room for a Magazine or Barrel. Yes, Power and Control Types may not need Magazines but it's much better than worrying about reloading for a short time.

[quote author=MasterRPGMan link=topic=46.msg1018#msg1018 date=1374843276]
[/quote]

What about Perfect Dragren? For sure it's not a recommended combo.
Away
[quote name="MasterRPGMan" post="1018" timestamp="1374843276"]
[/quote]
What about Ultimate Dragren?
[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
[quote name="EdBoy3" post="1027" timestamp="1374852773"]
[quote author=IXRollOutIX link=topic=46.msg1016#msg1016 date=1374839922]
[/quote]

Who would want to use two Version-Up Parts though? It would leave no room for a Magazine or Barrel. Yes, Power and Control Types may not need Magazines but it's much better than worrying about reloading for a short time.
[/quote]

Both of you have good points. It's just a matter of looking at the ups and downs of each and deciding which is better. I mean, if you use the Buster Leg and Cannon Arm, you leave no room for a Magazine. However, a Buster-Cannon combo might be a bit OP. It's however you look at it, but it definitely needs to be decided.

In all cases, the "2 VUP/TUG" rule ruins the Twin Magazine, heh Tongue

[quote author=EdBoy3 link=topic=46.msg1027#msg1027 date=1374852773]
[quote author=MasterRPGMan link=topic=46.msg1018#msg1018 date=1374843276]
[/quote]

What about Perfect Dragren? For sure it's not a recommended combo.
[/quote]

I don't understand what's being said here? What about Perfect Dragren? You need to be more specific.

Oh yeah, might as well ask; for Super Fusion B-Daman (Perfect Raydra, Perfect Dragren, Ultimate Dragold etc), should the parts that make it "perfect/ultimate" count towards the VUP/TUG limit?
[quote name="~Mana~" post="1029" timestamp="1374853181"]
Oh yeah, might as well ask; for Super Fusion B-Daman (Perfect Raydra, Perfect Dragren, Ultimate Dragold etc), should the parts that make it "perfect/ultimate" count towards the VUP/TUG limit?
[/quote]

Perfect Dragren and Ultimate Dragold don't use Tune-Up or Version-Up, so no. Perfect Raydra uses the Buster Leg so it currently uses one.
Away
Yes, but is it fair to allow someone to enter with a Super Fusion B-Daman and not have it count? I understand that they aren't Tune-Up Gear or Version-Up Parts, but it's still extras that are added on. Is it fair to allow someone to use Assault=Dragren with eight shields on it for every single mode and then allow them to use two TUG/VUP after? :S
[quote name="~Mana~" post="1031" timestamp="1374853897"]
Yes, but is it fair to allow someone to enter with a Super Fusion B-Daman and not have it count? I understand that they aren't Tune-Up Gear or Version-Up Parts, but it's still extras that are added on. Is it fair to allow someone to use Assault=Dragren with eight shields on it for every single mode and then allow them to use two TUG/VUP after? :S
[/quote]

Consider why anyone would use Perfect Dragren. Sure, it's capitalistic Emblems cover every Mode but there are far better options. Why use Sight Mode when the Dragren Head 2 already has a horn? Stabilizer Mode is negligible thanks to parts such as the Buster Leg or Dash Stabilizer. Barrel Mode can easily be replaced with a Convert Barrel.

Still, if somebody decides to use it, we shouldn't limit them further. The Emblem Shields aren't even the best Tune-Up/Version-Up substitutes, anyway.
Away
Here's my question... What are the Japanese Crossfight tournament rules about all this? Surely they must have some guidelines and regulations in place for the upcoming championship over there.
[quote name="IXRollOutIX" post="1033" timestamp="1374858641"]
Here's my question... What are the Japanese Crossfight tournament rules about all this? Surely they must have some guidelines and regulations in place for the upcoming championship over there.
[/quote]

There's actually no documented rules on any of this, only for the Field Sets like Break Bomber.

These are the only TAKARA TOMY-official images that detail the most Tune-Up Gear/Version-Up Parts on a B-Daman, which are:

1.) Rising Dracyan + Canon Arm + Sight Magazine + Stabilizer + Magazine Stabilizer.
Total: 1 Version-Up and 3 Tune-Up.

2.) Stream=Drazeros + Sight Magazine + Stabilizer + Magazine Stabilizer.
Total: 3 Tune-Up.

These images use 1 Tune-Up/1 Version-Up or 2 Tune-Up.

Though 3 Tune-Up here...

Aside from the 7-layer System Magazine limit, there aren't any other restrictions. Here are the Japanese Break Bomber rules but they are official as of March 2012. These are regulations but are from June 2012.
Away
Two attachments just seemed fair. Takara-Tomy don't officially have a limit and being able to use three seemed a bit...well...overkill.