• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input!
[quote name="EdBoy3" post="3194" timestamp="1380887933"]
Though think about it: do you really think it's fair if we allow using Trigger pads without its corresponding pieces like the Ultimate Arm? Yes, TAKARA TOMY allowed it with the Blast Arm but that doesn't mean we need to emulate everything they do, Vanguard.

I think using the pads with their Arm Parts or Version-Up is a good idea. Cores like Spike, Sonic and Kreis are great in their own ways but their "normal" Triggers balances them out.
[/quote]
First off, thats like saying we don't have to do everything our government said. Well I can't steal, but hey we don't have to emulate everything they do, so might as well. To ignore the Takara Tomy rules is to be plain ignorant. As far as I know, there have been no forum-related tournament as of yet, so I think we should at least follow all the Takara Tomy rules and regulations, and then add on.
And speaking of fairness, I don't see why it isn't fair. If you paid to get any B-Daman or VUP that came with a trigger pad, you should be allowed to use it on any other B-Daman. You paid for it, you should be allowed to use it.
This has nothing to do with the government or how much parts are worth.

While you consider it "plain ignorant", we've already made changes from certain TAKARA TOMY rules like preventing B-Dama in the Drazeros Wings to be used. Of course people are allowed to use what they purchase but letting them use the Trigger pads regardless of also using the respective Version-Up it includes is something I don't sit well with. That's like allowing Triggers to be swapped between different Cores.

[quote name="Gaddiko" post="3195" timestamp="1380894224"]
I keep seeing things like "their version up part" , are VUP only allowed on specific B-Daman?
[/quote]

No, all Version-Up Parts can be used with any Core Change System or Emblem Charge System B-Daman.
Away
[quote name="EdBoy3" post="3197" timestamp="1380898542"]
This has nothing to do with the government or how much parts are worth.

While you consider it "plain ignorant", we've already made changes from certain TAKARA TOMY rules like preventing B-Dama in the Drazeros Wings to be used. Of course people are allowed to use what they purchase but letting them use the Trigger pads regardless of also using the respective Version-Up it includes is something I don't sit well with. That's like allowing Triggers to be swapped between different Cores.

[quote author=Gaddiko link=topic=46.msg3195#msg3195 date=1380894224]
I keep seeing things like "their version up part" , are VUP only allowed on specific B-Daman?
[/quote]

No, all Version-Up Parts can be used with any Core Change System or Emblem Charge System B-Daman.
[/quote]it's called an example. Government sets up rules and regulations. Takara tomy does the se for b-daman.
That's a terrible comparison. Switching triggers around isn't shown by TT at all. Trigger pads are advertised, some combinations that are on packages show this, and the championship showed it as well. If you don't set well with it, well too bad. People vastly more official than you already have dealt with it by leaving it alone, so you should just let it be. If anything the TO should have the final word on whether or not players can do  this
Of course it's "too bad" for me but I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. I'm still against allowing Trigger pads without also using the parts it's meant to be used with.

We're not following everything TAKARA TOMY enforces.

Anywho, what do you all think we should do about this? Should we allow Trigger pads even if they are used without their designated parts like Vanguard mentioned?
Away
Now that I'm reading this... I agree with Ed, no offence Vanguard but it's kind of weird having a trigger pad on a b-daman without using the parts they're meant to be used with. I mean seriously, would anyone just grab a Lighting Fin or a One-Sided Sharks and throw in the Blast Arm's Trigger pad. It would make sense if you throw in the Blast Arm itself.... just saying, even if it is TAKARA TOMY's rules. I guess only time will tell when someone hosts a tournament. I might be wrong but.. eh that's what I think.
<p class="bbc_center">[Image: StaticBladez11Signature%60.png]

<p class="bbc_center">(Edboy3 made this Signature ^_^)
Question: Is it mandatory if you use a Blast Arm pad?
A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
[quote name="StaticBladez11" post="3200" timestamp="1380914241"]
Now that I'm reading this... I agree with Ed, no offence Vanguard but it's kind of weird having a trigger pad on a b-daman without using the parts they're meant to be used with. I mean seriously, would anyone just grab a Lighting Fin or a One-Sided Sharks and throw in the Blast Arm's Trigger pad. It would make sense if you throw in the Blast Arm itself.... just saying, even if it is TAKARA TOMY's rules. I guess only time will tell when someone hosts a tournament. I might be wrong but.. eh that's what I think.
[/quote]
You would use a VUP because it adds to your play style or is a good VUP in power, control, or rapid fire right? Well, some people like to use the trigger pad because it's comfortable and easier to shoot, especially people with larger hands. It's all honestly personal preference.
[quote name="MasterRPGMan" post="3202" timestamp="1380927360"]
Question: Is it mandatory if you use a Blast Arm pad?
[/quote]

No, it wouldn't be "mandatory" just like with any other Trigger pad but we're discussing what rule set we should decide on it.
Away
I agree with Ed. It wouldn't be fair if you use a pad itself. Think of Beyblades: Is it fair for Bladers to use a E230 Spin Track piece on a normal 230 Track?
@ MasterRPGMan: Now, why would you think it's mandatory to use a Trigger pad? It's an optional piece. Whether or not you use it in competition is up to you.

Anyways, you saw that picture. If Takara-Tomy allows the use of Trigger pads outside the parts sets they come in, then I think we should allow it, too.
[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
TERRIBLE example. You can't put the Etrack part on a regular 230 track.
Alright.. Is it fair to use one Spin Track piece and place on a different one?
I change my mind, let's not use the trigger pads outside the parts sets they come in, because it would copy something from the official Takara-Tomy ruleset and make our forum's rules look like a cheap rip-off.
[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
[quote name="MasterRPGMan" post="3213" timestamp="1380937640"]
Alright.. Is it fair to use one Spin Track piece and place on a different one?
[/quote]
When you can provide a possible scenario, I can seriously answer that question.
[quote author=JustAlex93F link=topic=46.msg3214#msg3214 date=1380937747]
I change my mind, let's not use the trigger pads outside the parts sets they come in, because it would copy something from the official Takara-Tomy ruleset and make our forum's rules look like a cheap rip-off.
[/quote]
Making our own rules won't change anything, it'll still look like a cheap copy of the official rules, just with different rules that were only available for discussion to those on this forum. People would dislike these rules because they are not official whatsoever, so if we allow regular official rules and regulations than it will look more professional. The whole trigger thing is based off of opinion and play style. Have any of you noticed I never said I personally liked it? No, because I believe to make an argument, you can't personalize it or you'll have the "What I feel is right should be the way" arrogance a lot of people on this forum already have. This voting thing is nice, but honestly it should be a free for all thing.
Is there any place I can view the TT Rules anyway?
how about this for ruling on them, if used alone they take up one allotted TUG/VUP slot, but is used with the arm/TUG/VUP set they come with (IE Power Mantle, or any of the Arm ones), they count as part of the set and dont take up any extra slots. How do people feel about that?
I actually really like that compromise.
I can second that. However, I do feel Vanguard has a point. Recently, I've come to realize we might be getting TOO strict with our rule set. Some of the restrictions we've unofficially decided upon don't actually effect the performance of the B-Daman all that much. Not to mention we're failing to consider the fact the the game is primarily based on personal skill and no barrel, stabilizer, Version-Up, or trigger pad can really determine that.
it's true that "MAYBE" the rules are quite strict...
i personally prefer the original takara tomy rules
when it have no restriction at all on something like triple gillusion or having trigger pad of another core into another core...(because with strict rules make their sales drop off i presume...)
But anyway different place different taste different rules...
I guess (like it or not) we have to obey the rules at the place or tournaments we comes in...
Make it like some kind of challenge to our b-da skill then probably we will get some experience and make our skill even better...
Oh, no. I do think we should be able to ban B-Daman like Gillusion, and swapping parts from the core mechanisms shouldn't be allowed either, but I've begun to change my opinions on trigger pads and Tune-Up gear. It's meant to be a versatile, modular system and we're limiting some of that creative versatility without much reason.
my personal opinion is that a lot of these parts balance themselves from getting to crazy. Sure with the new magazine system you can have a magazine that can hold what... 100 shots? how likely is it to snap under its own loaded weight though? and to keep it from doing that you have to hold it, eliminating one hand to reload with (also that many shots I would put money down will gunk up the field and make any shots you do shot being worth nothing), barrels I dont think you can stack but if you could then it becomes a pain in the ass to turn cleanly. Triple Gillusion is intimidating yes but you gotta reload all those things at the same time and thats a big chunk of time that you arent shooting as good as someone with a single core b-daman if at all (though if you use Drake and Stallion with Loading Cores... that I can see getting out of hand quick).

I do believe that part modification should be allowed as long as it doesnt effect the core performance of the B-Daman (no custom TUG, no modifying the core, things like that), simply because we dont have the option of hundreds of designs like in the shows, just the main characters (example, I kinda liked how One-Sided Rabbit looked, we dont get those parts), and I like the idea of going to a tournament and many people have their own unique ones that they worked on and named and everything. Just throwing my two bits out there.