• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bionicle
Oh my gosh, Bionicle sculpted my life in so many ways. It was one of my favourite toylines before I knew about Beyblade and B-Daman. Like every other Bionicle fan, I was sad when LEGO discontinued it in 2010 and Hero Factory replaced it. Hero Factory isn't terrible but it comes no way near what made Bionicle so interesting and fascinating.

Tahu is my favourite Bionicle character of all time.
Away
Definitely an amazing part of our generation... Though somehow I think I have more Hero Factory Heros than I do Bionicles at this point. I guess it's just because I have more money now than I had back then. :Smile
I only have 1 Hero Factory figure (Furno) but the rest are Bionicle, lol. Truthfully, years 2007 and 2008 were boring and I barely purchased any products there. I failed to get Tahu Mistika (which I regret) but I did get the Toa Inika. My favourite years were 2003, 2004 and 2009.
Away
I actually ordered Mistaka Tahu online a couple years back, just so I'd have every incarnation of Tahu. He's pretty interesting, but he doesn't really have a place on my shelf... I'm super in to the story of Bionicle but unfortunately don't have the first 15 issues of the comic books... (I have every issue from Metru Nui on, though! Wink)
The Bionicles I have on my shelves are all six original Toa, all six Toa Nuva, all six Bionicle Stars (Including the golden armor Tahu), Mahri Matoro (because of his role in the story), Metru Vakama (for the same reason), Mata Nui, Turaga Vakama, Lewa's Mistaka SUPER ULTRA MEGA flying bike thing (because it's HUGE!), Vezon and Fenrakk, Mistaka Takanuva, Roodaka, Sidorak, Toa Lhikan (my personal favorite Toa), and Toa Ignika.

I have a BUNCH more scattered in a bin of Lego Technic parts, but I was just very selective with my shelf space...
I was disappointed with the Mistika and Phantoka because even though they brought back the Toa Nuva since 2003, they barely resembled them! Sure, Kopaka has his signature scope but could you guess who were Pohatu, Gali and Tahu if you didn't know them before?

2006 was one of the greatest years though. I got Axonn, Brutaka and Vezon and Fenrakk. Vezon and Fenrakk is one of the greatest Bionicle Titans EVER. I knew there was a super combiner called the Kardas Dragon but it's better having them separate. Have you considered reviewing your Bionicles or even making MOCs, IXRollOutIX?
Away
I actually started Rolloutreviews reviewing Bionicles. It was a long time ago with my old camera and I hated the quality of them, so I got rid of those videos when I decided to go all out with reviewing B-Daman. I used to make Bionicle MOCs a lot when I was much younger, but now it's just not my medium. I'd much rather have the official Bionicle sets on my shelf than my own creations.
@IXRollOutIX I remember the first video I seen that was yours was the Toa Mata review. You didn't have the B-Daman reviews yet when I watched them! You also had Bohrok and Toa Nuva reviews. I guess that makes me one of your earlier followers!  Smile

My favorite Bionicle is Toa Lewa

I thought Hero Factory was good in it's first year. Next 2.0 I thought it was unique but when 3.0 the part of building it was so boring... I lost interest around that time and didn't come back. If it stuck with the original system I think it would have been better... But they are not going to do that since they melted all the molds of the Bionicle pieces...  Sad
BIONICLE IS COMING BACK IN 2015!!! Big Grin

Away
It's still 100% unconfirmed, though. As recent as March or April, someone contacted Lego concerning the rumors and they replied "We don't have any plans to bring back Bionicle any time soon."

I'm not saying what has been leaked ISN'T legitimate. I'm just a little skeptical. If it is true, then... I'm going to be broke.  :lol:

I never followed the story of Hero Factory, but love the sets and designs. I said I was done with the toyline after Brain Attack because frankly I have no more room for them. If Bionicle truly is returning next year, however... Mark my words, I WILL MAKE ROOM.

Quote:It's still 100% unconfirmed, though. As recent as March or April, someone contacted Lego concerning the rumors and they replied "We don't have any plans to bring back Bionicle any time soon."

I'm not saying what has been leaked ISN'T legitimate. I'm just a little skeptical. If it is true, then... I'm going to be broke. :lol:

I never followed the story of Hero Factory, but love the sets and designs. I said I was done with the toyline after Brain Attack because frankly I have no more room for them. If Bionicle truly is returning next year, however... Mark my words, I WILL MAKE ROOM.
Yeah but this image was leaked just yesterday and the fact it's in color with clearer details is very promising. The black and white version of this image leaked around late June 2014.

And if you can make room, you better get some Invasion From Below sets before they're all gone! This does raise the question if Hero Factory and Bionicle will be concurrent lines and if Hero Factory will return next year as well, even if it is a "Hero Factory All-Stars".

Could this mean the return of Bionicle reviews from RolloutReviews? Wink

This is the supposed "leaked" product listing of the first wave for Bionicle:
Quote:LEGO Bionicle 70778 Defender of Jungle

LEGO Bionicle 70779 Defender of Stones

LEGO Bionicle 70780 Defender of Water

LEGO Bionicle 70781 Defender of Land

LEGO Bionicle 70782 Defender of Ice

LEGO Bionicle 70783 Defender of Fire

LEGO Bionicle 70784 Lewa, Master of Jungle

LEGO Bionicle 70785 Pohatu, Master of Stones

LEGO Bionicle 70786 Gali, Master of Water

LEGO Bionicle 70787 Tahu, Master of Fire

LEGO Bionicle 70788 Kopaka, Master of Ice

LEGO Bionicle 70789 Onua, Master of Land

LEGO Bionicle 70790 Lord of Skull Spiders
If these really are the names, then it seems like Matoran are now "Defenders" while Toa are "Warriors". The change doesn't bother me, and it helps distance themselves away from the Maori language LEGO got in trouble for using names like "Tohunga".

It would also seem a few elements got some new names as well. Air is now "Jungle", Stone is now plural apparently and Earth is "Land". The six original Toa Mata released in 2001 seem to be returning as well which makes sense since they jump started Bionicle and turned it to a breakout success.

The sets I'm most interested in are Tahu, Master of Fire and Lord of Skull Spiders. What could that golden Kanohi Tahu appears to be reaching for be? Hopefully something that's not the Ignika. I seriously want this to be a reboot because Bionicle's story became too convulted and complicated for newer fans to get interested which lead to its abrupt discontinuation. It's time for something fresh and brand new.

But hey, Bionicle is back, who doesn't love that? Big Grin
Away
I guess we'll just have to see if all this comes into fruition. Honestly, I'd just hate to get too hyped, then have my hopes and dreams crushed.

I don't think the Defenders are Matoran. I think they're the 'Bad Guys' for lack of a better term. Perhaps some kind of mask guardians that the Toa have to defeat to claim them, then go on to defeat a greater evil with the golden masks.

I kind of hope it'll be a reboot rather than a continuation if/when it's confirmed. Searching for golden masks AGAIN with the same cast of heroes in the same storyline would be silly and redundant. 

While giant mecha robots is right up my alley, Invasion from Below doesn't really sit right with me. It's probably the fact that if I got all of the sets, they wouldn't be in scale with the rest of the shelf. I didn't collect the Bionicle brick sets that had minifigures, and I almost see these as equivalents. 

Also, found this:

[Image: 1406323184595.gif]

What was that about Ignika?  Tongue

Being a 90s kid bionicle was big part of growing up I still have my first kit (toa tahu) on display next to my pg RX-78-2. I must admit that I was a fan till the end , but right around the glatorian arc I just started losing interest. While I purchased a few (mostly mata nui and all the vehicles) I felt like lego was struggling with the franchise especially when the star kits where Released. Upon hearing about hero factory I decided to stop buying for a while. In all honesty I would love a reboot of the franchise if any lego franchise deserves it bionicle definitely should be it. (although alpha team is up there too.) On a different hand I wouldn't count the possible' leaks' to be completely fake. Many times leaks by lego have been proven to be correct when ninjago ended (green ninja series) a poster of Zane with his robot skeleton with big letters reading "coming in 2014"

Was leaked and as we see new kits have been released. I wouldn't go as far as to say that this bionicle leak is real, but then again lego has a tendency to hold back until let's say 2 months before the release date to announce a new line.
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
Quote:Many times leaks by lego have been proven to be correct when ninjago ended (green ninja series) a poster of Zane with his robot skeleton with big letters reading "coming in 2014"

Was leaked and as we see new kits have been released.

Don't you mean this poster?

It wasn't a leak. LEGO officially released it.
Away
Well, it seems some people spotted official Lego elements that haven't even been released at this time on some of the sets in the display. At this point it seems most people on BZPower can agree that it's looking like they're probably not fake. Hopefully we get official word around or before NYCC and ToyFair.

Honestly I loved bionicle, but I hated how they ended it. Oh look were ending one of the biggest Lego toylnie ever made, but instead of making them total epic and amazing, well shrink them, give the less weapons and armor, make only three hero's and villans, and give them gold Lego pieces that are basically useless. I hope there bringing back bionicle
Quote:I hope there bringing back bionicle

You haven't seen the news from NYCC? Confirmed release is January 1st 2015.
Quote:You haven't seen the news from NYCC? Confirmed release is January 1st 2015.

Nice, hopefully they will be better than bionicle stars
Quote:Nice, hopefully they will be better than bionicle stars

Check 'em out:

http://www.lego.com/bionicle/
Omg, there so sick. Much better than star. But why does pohatu have boomarangs?
Hey, at least he doesn't have a crappy weapon like he did in 2008. Seriously Rotor Blade, what the FAIZ?!

[Image: 7.jpg]