• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash B-Daman 023 Panzer Faust review by RezonAce
So, I've had the Panzer Faust for a while, but never really bothered to use it much. Recently, as my interest in B-Daman has reignited, I decided to give it a chance.

The Panzer Faust is a Crash Weapon,  referred to as an "Extra Type"  and associated with Evil Levioth in the toyline. It stores a unique missle-shaped .67 caliber "bullet" made just for use with it. It can also store 2 B-Dama at once, and fire them with a single push of the trigger.

Assembly: 2/10

The Panzer Faust Launcher was rather easy to assemble, featuring the hold parts, the trigger and the attach point to attach to Evil Levioth or any Crash B-daman you choose to use it with. The reason I give this such a low rating is the missile itself. Assembling the missile is extremely difficult and frustrating. You start with the two main parts of the missile, then put small springs inside that attach to the spring-loaded "fins". Like any Crash B-daman, these springs are awkward and loan themselves to an annoying assembly experience. However, the springs in question are extremely tiny and easy to lose, making the missile that much more frustrating. Topping this off however, is getting the two parts of the missle to stay together long enough to attach the head and tail of the missile. Assembly-wise, the Panzer Faust was a real problem, especially the missile.

Usage: 6/10

I used the Panzer Faust with an Evil Levioth model, as depicted on the box. The B-Daman itself benefits from the weight distribution of the weapon, but for some reason it looks very awkward having a weapon longer than the B-Daman itself.

Firing the Panzer Faust effectively requires putting two fingers on a square shaped protrusion around the weapon, then pushing the trigger with your thumb, much like a Cartridge System B-Daman. The Panzer Faust missile requires some significant force to be used when firing, thus making it seem pointless on a Rush/Rapid Fire type B-Daman. However, the Panzer Faust's redeeming factor is its destructive capability- when fired, the fins fold out and hit in a wide area, and despite their flimsy performance, they can do quite a bit of damage to a tower or other target. I don't recommend using the missile extensively due to potential breakage, but it does a fairly good job of hitting in a wide area.

The double shot gimmick of the Panzer Faust works as well as one would expect, with some slight hiccups. Due to the lack of a spring in the trigger, the double shot (at least to me) comes off as less powerful, and reloading it requires some significant effort, which could cause problems during a battle. 

Value: 1/10

Crash B-Daman, and more notably Crash B-Daman accessories and weapons, are getting harder and harder to find as of late. The Panzer Faust is up there with one of the rarest weapons, and may set you back up to 20-30 dollars for one kit.

Overall: 4/10

If the Panzer Faust was cheaper and the missiles more readily available, it might receive a higher rating from me. However, due to its rarity, its awful assembly, and its unwieldy nature, I can't recommend it to anyone except collectors.

Ah yes, the epic missile weapon that gave uber lulz as far as Teruma is concerned.

I can't wait to have one so that I can see it for myself.
[Image: Sparky.jpg]
Semper Natura Credo | Always trust your instincts.
@[member='Atsumi Reiyama'] u will soon enough
[Image: Kodoh_Kuraki.jpg]

Thanks to kyousuke for the Sig.
All around I think it's fairly easy to build and use. All that's left is a field test.

I'm sorry if it has to come to this but I will moreover trust Kodoh's word on the Panzerfaust since he has both proof of ownership and not just extensive experience of handling B-Daman but also Real Guns. That being said; Crash B-Daman aren't just to be seen as B-Daman but also as Guns since they are made with a different Trigger press method on purpose. Hence, likening the 3BG or SWS system to other systems for me is a pointless part of any review.

Kodoh, kindly write your own review on the Panzerfaust. If possible, equip it on any 3BG or SWS while Evil Levioth hasn't arrived to you yet. Whichever rating you give it, like I said - I trust your word on it.
First up assembly: fifteen minutes maximum. As long as you follow the instructions precisely it is really easy. Hint: make sure to keep an eye out for the wings spring(really small).

Now since this is a regular crash weapon some practice will be required for usage. When properly fired the rocket will move across the field at a fast rate and hit the target with a good oomph. Don't worry about accuracy at first since each rocket gives you about almost an inch on either side due to its wings.

Now size wise it really isn't that big as stated by Rezonace. Depending on the barrel eqquiped at the time will make it seem really long. The trigger for this unit lines up with the back of a 3bg or sws trigger grip and the head of the rocket lined up with the .67 light barrel I was using at the time.

Overall: Collector or not this is one those gears to have if you collect the 3bg or sws. The speed and destructive power of this unit makes it worth the buy. Plus, IT'S A ROCKET LAUNCHER.

P.s. the unit can fire two bdama as stated by Rezonace but in my personal opinion the bdama do not seem to have the power that the rocket does when fired.

^ Much better. Thank you so much for the re-assessment.
@[member='Atsumi Reiyama'], anytime.

So while playing with the panzerfaust I discovered that in the front of the launcher where tube has the two pieces that hold the wings close they are three little profusion on both sides. Top, middle, and bottom. I realize now that you can have the warhead aimed up or down. It allows it to move maybe 1 degree up or down

Now that makes the part even more awesome to have. Not to mention, made the review even more extensive. More than well done, Kodoh!

From my observation when pointed up it "flies" further while when pointed down it moves across the floor making the chances of missing greater