• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Fight B-Daman eS English Subbing
Quote:Everyone and Mana!!!
Wat. Singled out

Regardless, nice to see you back. Hopefully you're feeling a lot better but, even so, don't push yourself. Just enjoy what you're doing, and do it at your own pace. Skypi's behaviour seems a bit strange to be honest, I wouldn't have thought he would bail out unless he was either tired of waiting for this project or he had some other reason.

That said, I know you have "bad experience" with me based on a certain Episode 09 script which ended up getting published anyway but, since I have more time on my hands now, I'm available to help you in any way possible. Translation, Typesetting, Timing; you name it.

In all cases, great to have you back!

Quote:Wat. Singled out

Regardless, nice to see you back. Hopefully you're feeling a lot better but, even so, don't push yourself. Just enjoy what you're doing, and do it at your own pace. Skypi's behaviour seems a bit strange to be honest, I wouldn't have thought he would bail out unless he was either tired of waiting for this project or he had some other reason.

That said, I know you have "bad experience" with me based on a certain Episode 09 script which ended up getting published anyway but, since I have more time on my hands now, I'm available to help you in any way possible. Translation, Typesetting, Timing; you name it.

In all cases, great to have you back!

Haha well singled out but not in a bad way, it's cuz you're the only one I know here, so I was just saying hello! Alright I definitely will take it easy thank you for your concern Smile Well, to tell you the truth, Skypi was my ex-girlfriend, she wasn't at the time we were subbing B-Daman, but then we broke up and I didn't even want to look at the fansub page. It was tough but I finally got over it and started to feel better from my sickness so then I decided to start subbing again, so here I am!!

Haha yeahhh about that whole thing lol don't worry about it I was going through a lot at the time and snapping at every little thing. It doesn't help that it took 2 months, but at least you sent it lol. I looked at it when doing episode 9 myself but decieded to go with my own translation of Episode 9. Honestly some things were skipped over, mistranslated, the timings were off, it was too literal, and unantural for the characters at times. I don't know if it was done on purpose or not or if that's your style, but it felt a little awkward to me. I am in no way making fun of you or putting you down, I'm just giving you constructive criticism and explaining why I didn't use your subs for my release. I mean If you'd like you can compare both my video and your video to see the differences. For example Kagero's attack is Kamikudake which is the imperative form of kamikudaku, which literally means to crunch; to masticate. So I translated it as I'll tear you apart, which is possible if you crunch or masticate somone enough, in a very gory way of thinking lol, but you translated it as God's Familiar. Kami does mean god in japanese, ur right, but kami does not mean god in this instance. Kami has a lot of different meanings in Japanese. Now because of the whole word being used together like that "kamikudake" and the kanji used for kami, we can deduce that it doesn't mean God, but that it means To Crunch. Examples like that. But again thank you for helping me out with it, I appreciate it Smile

And alright I'll let you know, thank you for your offer!! Thanks it's good to be back!!

On another note I hope your college and studies are going well!
Let's be fair, I do work through my subs within a day, usually about four hours. Consider them speedsubs if you will, but they're useful for general reference and I do actually prefer to be more literal. Doesn't always work but if means that details are as they are, rather than little bits being added in. If I took a little more time, I could probably notice some easy mistakes, such as "kamikudake" which, as I can see now, I broke up into kami and kudake which mean God and Familiar respectively. Oops! Not really one for people's speaking mannerisms either. Still as literal as possible (unless you're translating Yukihide's lines, at which point "GG life, you played well".

As for the timing, I never actually played around with the timing bar shifting every line up a minute or two to skip the advertisements at the beginning and end. It worked for me, but I know that, had I actually played around with the timing slightly more and done it how I actually know how to, I could have condensed lines and been slightly more accurate. However, I'm always lacking time between college, work and my own medical problems (Won't go into detail, but I'm sure you know how much of a pain it can be). For me, being literal and cutting corners of timing and whatnot is what I absolutely needed to do at the time.

Though now, I don't have college until September so I have a lot more time on my hands and I can do things a lot more in-detail than I did before. My offer still stands if you ever do find you need the help though!

Quote:Let's be fair, I do work through my subs within a day, usually about four hours. Consider them speedsubs if you will, but they're useful for general reference and I do actually prefer to be more literal. Doesn't always work but if means that details are as they are, rather than little bits being added in. If I took a little more time, I could probably notice some easy mistakes, such as "kamikudake" which, as I can see now, I broke up into kami and kudake which mean God and Familiar respectively. Oops! Not really one for people's speaking mannerisms either. Still as literal as possible (unless you're translating Yukihide's lines, at which point "GG life, you played well".

As for the timing, I never actually played around with the timing bar shifting every line up a minute or two to skip the advertisements at the beginning and end. It worked for me, but I know that, had I actually played around with the timing slightly more and done it how I actually know how to, I could have condensed lines and been slightly more accurate. However, I'm always lacking time between college, work and my own medical problems (Won't go into detail, but I'm sure you know how much of a pain it can be). For me, being literal and cutting corners of timing and whatnot is what I absolutely needed to do at the time.

Though now, I don't have college until September so I have a lot more time on my hands and I can do things a lot more in-detail than I did before. My offer still stands if you ever do find you need the help though!

PERFECT!!! That makes me happy to hear!! Honestly, I was reluctant to team up with you again if you were going to handle the sub timing and typsetting like that, but you were just doing speed subs, and for speed subs you did a good job. I asked this to the fans when I first created the group, "Do you want speed subs, or slower but better quality subs?" the better quality subs won. So I've been working really hard on the translation and timing/typsetting to make sure the fans get what they want and deserve. If you believe you can give quality subs, then I will gladly team up with you again. It will give me more time to do what I love which is translation. If you can do the timing/translation then that would help me out a lot. The thing is I can do timing/typesetting but it's pretty time consuming, because I really go into detail and I'm picky, so I usually spend a lot of time on it when I should be translating because that's what I feel deserves most of the attention. Besides I'd rather translate, I have a lot of fun with it, I learn and practice my japanese, and I I love it!!

So how about this? I will translate the original japanese srt file, then I'll send you the translated script with the times of the japanese srt. Then you time and typeset it focusing on quality not speed. And then just send it back to me when you're done and I'll encode it and release it on Youtube and Torrent.

How does that sound? I'll send you an old .ass file with some saved styles from Aegisub so you can use those, but it's up to you you'll be in charge of the timing and typesetting so do what you want, as long as it's good then its fine. I've been wanting to give zero raws credit, so I'll just add you me and zeroraws to the ending of the opening along with our roles. That way we all get credit.

If you aggree, this will definitely take a load off of me, it's really time consuming to do it all by myself, so thank you for your offer!! Smile

Also I hope you get better, I definitely understand, trust me!! Hopefully we can work together again Smile
It deserves to be posted here.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vVKcNDJGLTA

BeTheMan has also just recently subtitled episode 12.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SHVhQyL-2yU
Away
Has he series been subbed by anyone else? Planning to marathon eS, but not until the majority is translated so I don't have to wait. Looks like nothing's been uploaded in 6 months.