• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dangan Ronpa General Topic
Dangan Ronpa is a video game by Spike on the PS Vita System. In the US, it is titled "Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc". Don't let the name fool you into thinking that it's a FPS.

Basically a deadly version of Phoenix Wright. So if anyone could care for the cliff notes...

>> The game is set in some sort of super-awesome academy for super-awesome students. An ordinary student has an invitation to go there by their lottery.

>>Once stepping foot into grounds, he falls asleep (forcefully) and wakes up in a classroom, with all the windows covered in steel plates.

>>The school is run by a sadistic stuffed bear. Namely, "Monokuma"/"Monobear".

>>The students who attends this academy shall stay there for the rest of their days.

>>If they want to get out, one must kill without ANYONE, and I MEAN ANYONE finding out

>>There will be a class trial. Basically debating on who's the killer and whatnot.

>>If the killer is found, they get executed. No, not the old "off-with-the-head". They have specific machines.

Well, pretty much it. They also have an anime adaption, "Dangan Ronpa The Animation".
A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
It's a great game! Apparently the sequel is set to release towards the end of the year as well as the HD remake of the first one.
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
I hate that bear. =~=

Yeah, "Super Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Academy" or.. Something like that is set to release on September 4, 2014.
I love monobear! (Working on a roll=bearga custom.) It's mostly the design of the character as well as 'his' personality that makes the game somehow come together.
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
Yes, his character fits nicely into the story.

It's just that he captured the school and made it into a despair playground. Upupupu~ But I guess people deserve to be executed~
To avoid my status becoming a thread itself, I'm gonna reboot this thread for discussion.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair launched in September. I recently played it and I believe it surpasses the first game in general story and gameplay. The mysteries are also far tougher, and the addition of Logic Diving and alterations in Hangman's Gambit make the game far more interesting and diverse. I have to agree that the executions weren't quite as good as those in Trigger Happy Havoc, but hey ho.

Then again, the creativity and brutality has toned down quite a bit in the sequel. (I have a PSP emulator, so I am free to play DR1 from the PSP)

It was toned down, but the story was still a billion times better in my opinion. Though, to be fair, I should probably replay Trigger Happy Havoc to refresh my memory.

(Hopefully I spelt Nagi's murderer's name right.)

Anyway, which execution was the most brutal in Trigger Happy Havoc?