• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General HASBRO B-Daman FIREBLAST Discussion
It's official! Hasbro is making toys for B-Daman Fireblast, here are the first few releases: Looks like Hasbro realized how horrible their "Thunder", "Lightning" and "Strike" naming system was and decided to - mostly - retain the names from the original Takara Tomy releases. Core names are back but the equal signs have been dropped.
  • Drive=Garuburn ---> Drive Garuburn
  • Sonic=Dravise ---> Sonic Dravise
  • Slot=Beedle ---> Slot Stinger
  • Gunlock=Wolg ---> Detonate Wolg
  • Kreis=Raydra ---> Kreis Raydra
  • Stream=Drazeros ---> Stream Drazeros
  • Rising=Dracyan ---> Rising Dracyan
  • Assault=Dragren ---> Force Dragren (needs more confirmation)
  • Gatling=Deathshell ---> Dashing Tankshell
It also looks like Hasbro decided to retain the Fireblast B-Damans in their original colors! Anyone who hated Hasbro's recolors for many of the Crossfire toys will surely be excited by this. Targets are still included, as are normal B-Da Marbles and a variation of the Ultra B-Da Marble now using the B-Daman's Emblem design rather than its B-Animal one.

We do not have confirmation if these toys will be released in the United States or any other countries. They have already been released in Italy.
Away
"Detonate Wolg"? Seriously, Hasbro? Why not Detonator Wolg?
[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
Color me surprised. I sill somewhat doubt we'll be seeing these stateside, though...

Quote:"Detonate Wolg"? Seriously, Hasbro? Why not Detonator Wolg?

I think "Dashing Tankshell" takes the cake, and probably eats it and five others as well. At what point does the Gatling core have anything to do with "Dashing"?

Don't worry guys, "Dash Dashing Tankshell" will dominate the meta somehow.
And so, Manaphy takes when I pointed out "Dash Dashing Tankshell" in a chat and puts it here.

I'm seriously thinking Assault=Dragren could really be called Force Dragren. While we haven't seen any toys for a "Force Dragren" B-Daman, PDFs for the anime really do call it that way. If this turns out to be true, there's going to be major confusion distincting the difference between Force=Dragren and Force Dragren. Suddenly the equal signs became even more important.

And calling it "Force Dragren" suggests the B-Daman uses the Force Core despite it actually using a competently different Core. That's just lazy.
Away
Quote:I think "Dashing Tankshell" takes the cake, and probably eats it and five others as well. At what point does the Gatling core have anything to do with "Dashing"?

Don't worry guys, "Dash Dashing Tankshell" will dominate the meta somehow.

I agree. I don't know what was wrong with Gatling. I realise it could be a reference to a gatling gun as they blast marbles but it could be something else better than Dashing...and as for 'Tankshell'...I know Deathshell has the word 'death' in it and it would not be appropriate for kids but yet Death Quetzalcoatl from Beyblade kept its name (I know its a spinning top and B-Daman blast marbles which MAY influence death a little more but Death Quetzalcoatl has the word death by itself whilst Deathshell is two words rammed into one name...)
Quote:I agree. I don't know what was wrong with Gatling. I realise it could be a reference to a gatling gun as they blast marbles but it could be something else better than Dashing...and as for 'Tankshell'...I know Deathshell has the word 'death' in it and it would not be appropriate for kids but yet Death Quetzalcoatl from Beyblade kept its name (I know its a spinning top and B-Daman blast marbles which MAY influence death a little more but Death Quetzalcoatl has the word death by itself whilst Deathshell is two words rammed into one name...)
Hasbro markets Beyblade for kids ages 8 and up but for B-Daman, it's a little younger - being advertised for kids 6-years-old and over. That's probably why they changed "Gatling=Deathsell" to "Dashing Tankshell".
Away
B-Daman is targeted at a younger age? I wouldn't really say that. The 6+ rating is a safety age, which having a younger age than Beyblade is totally understandable. Spinning metal tops will hurt more than a marble.

The censorship of Death is definitely unneeded. Gatling, I'd like to think so as well. This isn't ten years ago, kids don't need to be protected from guns and death anymore. You turn on the news these days and the first thing you hear is "shooting", "death" or "gun". Many cartoons have "The end of the world" as a plot, which is practically genocide of the Human race. Even toddler's shows have some form of harm or weaponry in them. It's unavoidable, and a lot of western companies need to understand that now. The only thing I can think that is stopping them is that they want to save themselves from parents who would be infuriated at the names.

It's a very touchy subject, but both toy companies and parents need to come to terms with the world in this day and age.
Quote:B-Daman is targeted at a younger age? I wouldn't really say that. The 6+ rating is a safety age, which having a younger age than Beyblade is totally understandable. Spinning metal tops will hurt more than a marble.
Are you sure it's not targeted at a younger demographic? The ages on toys are supposed to be what the toy companys recommend what ages their toys should be sold to. I could argue shooting marbles at people hurts more than grabbing a circular spinning top made of metal but I think Beyblades and B-Daman are equally dangerous in their own ways.
Away
I'm fairly confident that B-Daman would not be targeted at a younger demographic. Why would it? Each series so far has been targeted at teens, both Japanese and English versions. If Crossfire and Fireblast were targeted at 6+, I would be extremely surprised and slightly disappointed that such an age restriction is holding the series back.
Quote:I'm fairly confident that B-Daman would not be targeted at a younger demographic. Why would it? Each series so far has been targeted at teens, both Japanese and English versions. If Crossfire and Fireblast were targeted at 6+, I would be extremely surprised and slightly disappointed that such an age restriction is holding the series back.
I don't think it's fair to say the series has been targeted for teens. B-Daman has always had priority for one demographic: children and certainly it can appeal to both younger and older audiences - but they're not the focus. Also, 6+ isn't that big of an age difference - at least it's not 3+ and we all know how that would turn out... Two years back isn't restricting anyone from getting into it.

Back on topic, if Hasbro releases an Across=Eagle, would they call it "Across Eagle" or "Across Avian"? What about Mach=Sasword and Jet=Leohjya?
Away
Saying Jet Leo (If they keep the name Jet) does not sound comfortably in my mouth so I hope they make the core name a two sylible (can't spell) word. I also don't think Hasbro will have any reason to change the name Mach...unless parents will be worried about kids going into something fast paced related which I highly doubt. I find it a little odd that they release Stream Drazeros and Kreis Raydra before Gunlock/Detonator Wolg but thats just me.
Quote:I find it a little odd that they release Stream Drazeros and Kreis Raydra before Gunlock/Detonator Wolg but thats just me.
"Detonate", not "Detonator" - let's not try and cause any confusion.

It seems Hasbro is stopping manufacturing Collector Cards for Fireblast. None of the five releases we know of include any which means Hasbro must be retooling BDamanBattles.com. Just like how they stopped producing them for Beyblade Legends, BeybladeBattles.com became free-to-play and since the packaging still promotes the B-Daman website, we can be sure it'll receive the same treatment.
Away
http://forum.bdamanwiki.com/topic/554-br...ttlefield/

Look, up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's Hasbro's laziness!

And the quest for a Fireblast release of Version-Up Parts rages on.
Away
mana! Ur using a sao 2 profile pic im a big fan of ggo!
  • EdBoy3 has attached a moderator's note to this message:

Don't go off-topic.
Quote:mana! Ur using a sao 2 profile pic im a big fan of ggo!
Kinda not the thread for that, just a friendly reminder that this is a topic is one of the B-Daman discussion threads is all.
[Image: 7.jpg]
Wow, honestly I'm surprised how good they look, now only the b daman, but the box too
@[member='zankye']: I never would have thought to see you posting on these forums

[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
Quote:Well here i am so hi Smile
Great to see another youtube b-der/b-shot on here. I'm hoping that the Fireblast toys come to both the states & Canada, I do want to start reviewing b-daman as I haven't done that since I tried reviewing revolver hades, but that's for another topic. I'm hoping that we do get the version-up parts, as they are able to be used without the safety block not needing to be removed unlike, say, the power mantle.
[Image: 7.jpg]
Welcome users in the Starting Out board guys, don't go off-topic here.

Rough translations of the product descriptions for the products:

B-Daman Fireblast Characters
B-Daman Fireblast Characters with Accessories
Away