• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Undertale Topic
I'm not gonna bother explaining this topic. So have fun.

(I just started playing and I gotta say... Eh...)

A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
Fnaf pt2. All hype and R34/48 of the goat. Disgusting fandom and crap story 2/10
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
I guess the story's alright.

I mean, there are some pretty terrible stuff once you go geno.

(And on the verge of wrecking Mettaton's metal butt.)

Like, I don't understand the hype. There's nothing 'Revolutionary' about the game. The option to get out of fights via conversation or bribes has been around for years. Doing certain things in the game that affects the ending isn't new either. Skyrim has it, Deus Ex has it, so on so forth.
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
I don't exactly understand it either but I guess the story is what tears everyone.

Well, the genocide route that is.

Quote:Fnaf pt2. All hype and R34/48 of the goat. Disgusting fandom and crap story 2/10

Quote:Like, I don't understand the hype. There's nothing 'Revolutionary' about the game. The option to get out of fights via conversation or bribes has been around for years. Doing certain things in the game that affects the ending isn't new either. Skyrim has it, Deus Ex has it, so on so forth.

A fandom's actions and hype have no effect on the quality of the actual source material. Disliking something simply because the fandom does things you dislike or because it's not "revolutionary" or "the best thing since sliced bread" is an extremely jaded way of viewing things. In your effort not to bandwagon on the fandom for something be careful not to bandwagon on the "hatedom" for it either!

Personally, I loved the game because I took the time to appreciate it for what it was. I've done all four routes (Pacifist, Genocide, "Hard Mode" and
and enjoyed each of them. I did go into it completely blind and before the fanbase for it exploded, but I doubt that really had any effect on me anyway. R34 or a bunch of kids acting silly isn't exactly the end of the world.

There's so much underneath the surface of the game if you actually take the time to analyze it after playing through both the Pacifist and Genocide routes. What seems to be simple characterization at first suddenly becomes much deeper once you start putting 2 and 2 together. There's so much that you miss if you try to just rush through the game to see what the big deal is, or even watch it on YouTube or the like rather than play it on your own.

Not to mention how incredibly self-aware the game is. There's hidden dialogue/content that only appears if you reset the game at certain points, and a few NPCs that only appear when certain parts of your save data are edited. Again, this is all stuff that's easy to miss if you don't take the time to look for it.

I've tried to be incredibly vague in order to avoid posting spoilers (yes, it's been over a month since release but it still helps to be courteous), but TL;DR: You're free to dislike whatever you wish, but it's incredibly unfair to let the actions of people who have nothing to do with the thing itself at all bias you.
[Image: arcadesig.png]

I'm currently at the end of Neutral and I killed 26 monsters already. Much cri