• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godzilla 2014
If you're as big of a Godzilla nerd as I am, then you're stoked for the forthcoming 2014 film. This will be the FIRST, official Godzilla film in 10 years since 2004's Godzilla: Final Wars. Seriously, Toho was giving Big G a 10-year rest and after waiting impatiently, this will be worth it. Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are handling it, which will make this the first, true, American-handled Godzilla film. No, that 1998 abomination never happened---ever.

The 2014 reboot was at SDCC earlier this month and boy, do they have some interesting concept art:

Follow godzillaencounter.com for news and updates.

The King of the Monsters returns May 16, 2014.

[move]GOJIRA![/move]
Away
After this, I suppose the next step is a Pacific Rim crossover. Haha.  8)
[quote name="IXRollOutIX" post="1145" timestamp="1375039055"]
After this, I suppose the next step is a Pacific Rim crossover. Haha.  8)
[/quote]

This.

Seriously, that would blow everyone's mind. Even Guillermo del Toro wants to do a crossover despite no plans currently in place. However, I'm doubtful on this for two reasons:

1.) If anybody saw Pacific Rim like I did, the film's battles basically turned you back into an 8-year-old cheering in excitement especially when Gipsy Danger smashed that Kaiju's face with the boat. Godzilla 2014 however is about bringing him back to a force of destruction, something very serious.

2.) Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' deal of making films together will expire next year. As a result, Legendary sought out a similar deal with Universal Pictures. Since Warner and Universal are competitors, the chances seem slim to none. : /

But hopefully they can come back to terms with each other and create that crossover! Big Grin
Away
I watched the first Godzilla movie when I was a kid and when I saw the ending ... one egg being not harm and was hatching , I just can't stop thinking if there will be a sequel or something

- J
[Image: Death_Note_Letter_J_by_Junsui88.jpg]
[quote name="J" post="4227" timestamp="1384397574"]
I watched the first Godzilla movie when I was a kid and when I saw the ending ... one egg being not harm and was hatching , I just can't stop thinking if there will be a sequel or something

- J
[/quote]

"the first Godzilla movie"?

No, that was the first American-made Godzilla film which has gotten a lot of negative feedback from fans. There actually was a sequel planned but the rights Sony Pictures had to it expired, preventing them from creating one. However it did receive a sequel in the form of the animated cartoon, Godzilla: The Series which was received better by fans than the actual movie.
Away
[quote name="EdBoy3" post="4615" timestamp="1385774008"]
[quote author=J link=topic=109.msg4227#msg4227 date=1384397574]

- J
[/quote]

"the first Godzilla movie"?

No, that was the first American-made Godzilla film which has gotten a lot of negative feedback from fans. There actually was a sequel planned but the rights Sony Pictures had to it expired, preventing them from creating one. However it did receive a sequel in the form of the animated cartoon, Godzilla: The Series which was received better by fans than the actual movie.
[/quote] The American Godzilla movie I meant , my apology and I really like the animated one

- J
[Image: Death_Note_Letter_J_by_Junsui88.jpg]
The first official teaser trailer is out and boy, does it scream awesome:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw[/youtube]

The missile-looking object at 1:34 reminds me of the Atragon/Gotengo battleship. Godzilla's new roar combines classic with something like a whale cry. Not too shabby considering Gojira is a portmanteau between "gorira" (gorilla) and "kujira" (whale) and I actually like it.

New poster:

[Image: Godzilla-2014-Teaser-Trailer-Poster.jpg]
Away