• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homemade B Daman from Scratch!
Here are some of the homemade b daman that I had created back in 2006 when Battle B daman was aired here in the Philippines.

Reason for creating homemade b daman:

- Since my parents won't buy me one in the first place or even allow me to buy one due to obvious reasons.

- Since I could not find any original b daman toys back then because I could not just go to any toy store and find one or at least I do not know where they are selling them back then.

- If I have a B daman toy, I usually buy them without my parents knowing about it. Even up to now I guess lol.

- The only thing I could afford was fake B daman lol. But before that I wanted to have 1 and so I made 1 before those fakes ones started to sell out in the streets. (Only Blade Saber that I made before buying the fake ones)

- I got so inspired at B daman since it shoots marbles ,which is my favorite and my childhood toy up to now, and that is something that I wanna try doing since even before B daman, I tried making shooting related toys back then by just using cardboards and glues and scotch tapes...

And so, after all that introduction, here are the images. Due take note that I used an old phone back then so quality image is not that good at all.

Blade Saber

Magnum Blaster

Magnum Blaster DHB

Magnum Blaster Long Accuracy Cannon

Magnum Blaster Long Extension Magazine

Magnum Blaster Accuracy Cannon & Magazine Extension

Here are some info:

- I used cardboard(Illustration Board) for most of it

- I applied paper mache on it to harden the surface at least by using tissue paper, glue mixed with water

- I could not do the core like the ones in battle b daman at that time so the mechanism of it is to use your hands to errm push the marbles out from the core, something like Burst=Bison's core whereas it has no spring in it but you can do manual shooting in it using brute force. Yea, it is similar to that.

- And yes, the extensions thing: got inspired from Draco Gale's magazine and barrel switching system.

I have more homemade ones but have no screenshot of them, some of them already got missing parts and such(Too bad for Magnum Saber, its a lol homemade B daman), But I still have Magnum Rifle Which up to now I still haven't screenshot it up to this point but maybe in the future I guess? Tongue

P.S. If you are about to ask with the names of my homemade b daman, I'm not good at naming things :/

Failure leads to Innovation as perfection leads to no innovation. That's how I manage to keep my sane under control while building homemade b-damans Tongue

Magnum Rifle

Homemade B daman based from the crash b daman series.

I will upload the actual product once I feel like it, or at least I need to gather them all again since the image above is only a overview of what it looks like.

Note:

- Yea, a noob when it comes to creating images, take not it was created from ms paint lol.....

- Like i've said awhile back, don't question the naming if it is wierd for you or whatever ur reason is, I'm not good at naming stuff :/

Failure leads to Innovation as perfection leads to no innovation. That's how I manage to keep my sane under control while building homemade b-damans Tongue
Awesome Tongue

Magnum Rifle / Magnum Striker (was going to go for this naming but w/e) Components

Magnum Rifle / Magnum Striker Semi-assembled

Magnum Rifle / Magnum Striker Assembled

Magnum Rifle / Magnum Striker w/ stabilizers

Crash Weapon

Magnum Rilfe / Magnum Striker w/ Crash Weapon + Stabilizer on one side

Comparison Size

So in summary:

- This homemade b-daman is based from the crash b-daman design/concept

- The core itself is somewhat unique cause it uses rubberband as its powersource to shoot powerful shots, it varies from teh quality of the rubberband plus how it was set up properly. It is also equipped with 3 rings.

- The spring comes from the spiral notebooks

- Trigger is made from a single wooden chopstick and was further modified a bit to match the grip design

- No magazines were made with this one cause the trigger is already equipped with a flat out magazine somewhat similar to teh crash b-daman tribber

- The trigger can be adjusted based on which hand are you comfortable with

- The crash weapon uses 4 rings instead of 3 rings but shares the same mechanism as the main core but currently the rigger itself is missing as shown in the image due to some problems resulting in the trigger part gone missing.

- Barrel can easily fall out during usage depending on the situation at least.

- Head, arms and legs are the only ones that cannot be changed for customization

- Design is only simple so yea, its kinda a bit boring.....

- The reason the trigger isnt designed as a gun based design is because i dont know how to make one of those designs as compared to the standard design

- The reason why the crash weapon is incomplete in terms of color is because i recently somewhat put some excess paint taht i was already finished it and it is a waste to throw it away so i just put the remaining paint on this thing and yea this is the result.

Basically it is somewhat made from cardboards once again(the illustration board kind) except for some components.

F.Y.I This thing is around more than 5 years already.

Magna Ablance

Magna Ablance (HD)

Magna Ablance Comparison with Magnum Rile/Striker

Summary:

- First ever homemade b-daman that is made out of mostly cardboard to begin with.

- Core is purely made out of cardboard compare to the last one that uses plastic rings

- Core does not use any rubber band at all unlike the previous model

- Trigger is unique as well since its made out of entirely cardboard, no external materials used unlike the previous one which uses such has a piece of chopstick combined with rolled out paper and a old film casing cap.

- Design is unique as it is made entirely from a different method that i used over the past homemade b-daman ones

- Head, legs and arms doesn't come off so those are irremovable all the way.

- The spring for the trigger is also unique because I used index card in it wrapped with sticky tape and form it as such.

- The height of it is nearly the same as Steer=Eagle I think or was it Twin=Drazeros

- Sadly no optional parts or accessories can be equipped for this one since this is an entirely new concept I had to made and still figuring out the designs for those things in the future.

- A bit heavy than the cross fight b-daman ones since its mass is quite a lot especially with the added glue usage for it.

- Also trigger is sturdy even though it doesn't seemed to be that sturdy when looking at it.

- I was gonna design the head for this one almost similar with a gundam like head but it is to much work and well lets just say I don't have the right skills yet to design up to that level yet.

- The shot produced by the core is not that strong to begin with since it can only fire shots which only focuses on speed not power.

So overall when I made this b-daman I had to make it from entirely new technique that resulted approximately 3 weeks maybe to complete this one since making this one focuses on sturdiness which resulted by stacking pieces of cardboard and glue them together to make them even more stronger even without the use of paper mache method but I went ahead and use it just for the coating and for the painting part.

im very interested in this idea, i might get my friend in on something like this. amazing job dude.
[Image: ?action=view%C3%82%C2%A2%C3%82%C2%B4t=Ca...dansen.gif][img]webkit-fake-url://681102ca-ce30-4862-8c27-9f11665ef654/imagegif[/img]
Thanks Big Grin