• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Gaming Talk
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAExBTWIp3M[/media]

So Nintendo just revealed the Nintendo 2DS and no, it's not a typo. It's basically a cheaper Nintendo 3DS to retail for $129.99 USD and will launch October 12, 2013 in colours red and blue. In essence, it's Nintendo's way of marketing the 3DS towards younger audiences as they don't recommend kids under 7-years-old to use the Nintendo 3DS' 3D feature.

Since I already own a 3DS though, I wouldn't be needing it.

Away
So its a kiddie version of a 3DS?
A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
It's just a 3DS without a clamshell design and a 3D option, and instead has a $50 lower pricetag.

In all cases, it seems like a waste of time to me. It'll definitely appeal to oldies, parents and perhaps seven year olds, but not really to the "hardcore" userbase or anyone who likes something compact...
Whats next? a 1DS?
release date is the same as the new pokemon games. Coincidence? I think not. Also this spits on the name on portable gaming. too large to even try to fit in your average pocket.
This guy I watched a video telling his thoughts about it, said it looked like a Cake or the edge of an axe lol
So, I had seen in YT videos people talking smack on Nintendo's newest console Wii U. Hearing their thoughts, I think it's pretty much invalid (lol, 2007 graphics).
In all fairness, it has sold terribly and it is four times less powerful than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It hasn't had many decent exclusives that would warrant anyone buying one (Except Super Mario 3D World which has received the highest rated reviews of any next-gen game). That said, as soon as Smash Bros. U comes out, I'm sure more people will buy the console. The market is there, they're just not in as stronger place as they once were. The Wii U is a nice console, but some changes do need to be made.
All I'm saying is, they don't have to take things so seriously. Because after seeing one video made me snap, comment 10 reasons why XBox sucks.
No offense mana, your comment is kinda flawed. The Wii U isn't going to be a strong as 2 recently released consoles, that's a given that shouldnt be a problem. Damn my iPhone 4 doesn't have a finger print pad but the 5s does, damn technological advances. Second of all, the Wii U's sales arent horrible, I'd like to see your source lol
[quote name="Strikedragrenrox123" post="4574" timestamp="1385626267"]
No offense mana, your comment is kinda flawed. The Wii U isn't going to be a strong as 2 recently released consoles, that's a given that shouldnt be a problem. Damn my iPhone 4 doesn't have a finger print pad but the 5s does, damn technological advances. Second of all, the Wii U's sales arent horrible, I'd like to see your source lol
[/quote]

I think he means the Wii U is selling badly at the United Kingdom.
[quote name="Shadow" post="4578" timestamp="1385657110"]
[quote author=Strikedragrenrox123 link=topic=195.msg4574#msg4574 date=1385626267]
[/quote]

I think he means the Wii U is selling badly at the United Kingdom.
[/quote]
lesigh, I'm talking worldwide. Just watch this video, its really informative http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_FDCPTJVg
Nono, I was talking worldwide.

The Wii U should be stronger. It had a year advantage over the other two and therefore should have many sales under it's belt by now. However, it's only shifted four million units this year. That number should be higher; the Wii sold way more than that in it's first year, and the other two next-gen consoles sold a million each on launch day alone, and the PS4 hasn't even launched outside of America yet. The Wii U has had a massive launch flop. I'm not saying it's a bad console, it just lacks the games that interest people into getting one.
I saw, and you're right, it's informative. AND funny.

Just to state my facts, video games are for everyone. Not 18-30. What is the purpose of the PS4 and XBox One? Mature games? (Oh, PS3/4 is my life). Wii U is more epic compared to those... How should I say this... Bull-C consoles.
I see what you mean. I recently got the Mario and Luigi bundle Wii U this week at Target (25 dollar gift card, plus 30 dollar gift card from buying a Sonos speaker means Skylanders Swap Force for free XD ) and I love it, really cool system. Honestly, because I'm American, I still want an X-Box One and the PS4, but I already have the Wii and the new one so that would be a bit too much. 
[quote name="Shadow" post="4581" timestamp="1385659629"]
Just to state my facts, video games are for everyone. Not 18-30. What is the purpose of the PS4 and XBox One? Mature games? (Oh, PS3/4 is my life). Wii U is more epic compared to those... How should I say this... Bull-C consoles.
[/quote]

Zoo Tycoon, Skylanders, Knack, Forza, Need for Speed etc all say hello to you.

The PS4 and Xbox One are for everyone. You aren't looking properly at it and, therefore, you have a biased opinion on them. Yes, they have a lot of games for 18+, but there are plenty of games for gamers younger than that.
I happen to have the first Skylanders game for the Nintendo Wii. It's an interesting concept, and the boss battles are challenging. A couple of times, I got close to defeating Kaos' sorry rear end, but couldn't.
[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
So I emailed Nintendo concerning region lock (not allowing one to play games from Japan with an American console and vice versa)

Quote: 

Thanks for contacting us, and I apologize for the delay in our response. We're currently receiving more email than usual. I'm glad you've let us know what changes you would like to see made to the Nintendo 3DS. That said, I also need to explain that it is unlikely the system's region locking can be removed. This is because the physical hardware that makes up the Nintendo 3DS is different from one region to another. Further, region locking allows us to comply with each region's game ratings systems and regulations for parental controls. Finally, games and systems from a particular region feature the most commonly used languages from that region, and games from one region may not be in English (or your preferred language) if played in a system from your region.

Oh well, that's too bad. I wanted to play Danball Senki WARS on the 3DS. Guess I have to wait 3 years to be localised.

Long story short, for those of you who doesn't know why region lock exists on NIntendo consoles.

Oh, one more thing; while browsing through YouTube, I saw a video explaining logical reasons about NIntendo's region lock. If one buys a out-of-region game, many people will buy that game, but when it is localised in your region, will that person buy the game again? Well, depending on the person, it may be a yes. So it is suggested from the video that one buys a Japan/Europe (depending what region you are in) Nintendo console rather than buying the out-of-region game.

I won't go into much detail. So here is that video I was talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr3kXe2u...L&index=28

Anyone have the Mini-Console, PS Vita TV? If so, would you recommend it?
Alright people. Time to revive this.

Anyone heard of Armed Blue Gunvolt? It's going on sale for sometime. If one buys it, they get "Mighty Gunvolt" for free. Mighty Gunvolt is retro, though.

So yeah.