• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Respect your artists!
Today I was reminded as to why I stopped doing commissions two years ago. I was PM'ed on Twitter by a fellow YouTuber who in the long run wanted a Perfect Grade 1/60 scale RX-78-2 done in Char Aznable colors. (This is a common color scheme for the ms) after negotiating with him about the colors and detailing, his commission was going to cost him $350usd. He immediately agreed to this price and complemented that I had the best price he's been offered. Our conversation went dead for a good two hours before I received the following message: "Ay guy, as it turns out, I only have $50 and I don't have the PG for you to paint. I DO HOWEVER, have a YouTube channel with 15 subs that seem to enjoy my content. Would you do the commission for me and as payment, I'll upload the unboxing and review your work? It'll be good recognition."

From there, I wanted to kill this guy. When you not only waste our time talking about what you want, but then have the balls to say that you want me to spend $150 on a model, build it, and paint it so you can pay me with "recognition" expect the wrath of god.

When you commission something from an artist, your literally putting food on their tables or putting gas in their cars. "Recognition" doesn't pay for bills or food or gas. It's ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING that people think that this okay. Low-balling us or asking us to do something for free is INSULTING.

When you guys tell me that you want a custom bdaman or gunpla, your helping me pay off student loans or funding my YT channel.

Please have respect for artists like me and others. We rely on people to be honest and to go through with their word.

Thank you for your time.

~Bda
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
Just ouch man, sorry to hear about that!

Sort of a sleezy thing to do, is that guy sure he didn't want to review the B-Daman for HIS sakes? I mean, he could very well have gotten more views and your hard work would be almost entirely for his own benefits.
It wasn't a Bdaman, it was a Gundam model. His YT channel was nothing but him reviewing My Little Pony episodes. What he said was insulting beyond belief :/
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
Ah, but same applies anyway, except only more expensive and possibly harder to paint with it's details.
@[member='LucasAid'] about a week to build, while removing nubs and sanding parts. Then after building, deconstruct it so you can start doing the paint process and gluing any pieces while removing seam lines. Then put it all back together, while checking the paint isnt interfering. More or less about a month total
[Image: Kodoh_Kuraki.jpg]

Thanks to kyousuke for the Sig.
Quote:@[member='LucasAid'] about a week to build, while removing nubs and sanding parts. Then after building, deconstruct it so you can start doing the paint process and gluing any pieces while removing seam lines. Then put it all back together, while checking the paint isnt interfering. More or less about a month total

And all that is only if he doesn't have to redo if he smudged the paint or glue or if he didn't accidentally break the model or lost the pieces, or if the guy is exhausted from it.
@[member='LucasAid'] we both build gunpla, and theirs been times where weve called each other after a build or while building, and u can hear the exhaustion in our voices. A Perfect Grade is a kit that you give your sll ur free time to
[Image: Kodoh_Kuraki.jpg]

Thanks to kyousuke for the Sig.