• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new form of evil: YouTube Red
Well, since the issue is found yesterday, I guess I'll say it out.

A handful of videos are being blocked from the US.

As I tracked down the issue, alot of people are pointing to YouTube Red.

Apparently you pay $10 to get an ad-free service along with other things.

And YouTube is forcing the creators, (EXIT TUNES, Sony Music and alot of other entertainment companies from what I seen) to sign the contract. Until they done so, their videos will be made private from the US viewers. Going to the specified video will give this message:

"This video contains content from

Well, er. Many people are seemingly liking the idea. I'm still iffy about the issue because of the content being blocked..

Um.

Any thoughts?

Do mind this is the US issue we're dealing with here.

A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
Pewdiepie has his own reality series on YTR. I could honestly care less about premium trash like this. Little do people know, but ads on videos (like mine especially) are done by us YouTubers in general. "YouTube money" is made by us monetizing our videos so every time you click an ad, we get a few pennies. In all honesty, I'm against Red because of the no ad feature. That means Google is making money but us YouTubers aren't.
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
I'm against it as Google's blocking musicians who are not willing to sign the Red deal.

Which is unfair to the people who are uploading their own covers of music and all.

As we speak, this marks the end of the UTAU/Vocaloid American fandom. RIP.

You COULD have left YouTube as is, Google but you just had to fix what isn't broken.

I can deal with your copyright strikes but blocking videos as far as to getting a Chrome plug-in to view unblocked videos is too much.

I can confirm. I've had an email through about a few of my own videos being taken down for viewing in the US, and Google explicitly state in the email that it's because of their new YouTube Red service.

It's not even a matter of "fixing what isn't broken" either; it's simply Google being greedy and wanting to grab money. It's just going to slap them in the face in the end, as they'll lose a tonne of their videos and nobody will pay the $10 fee that they're charging for the Red service.

And just to note B-dablader; that's not the case. While Red users won't see adverts, the owner of a monetized video will get a percentage of that user's red subscription fee. Though, if a Red subscribed watches hundreds of monetized videos a month, that cut isn't big at all...
Until we can see YouTube Red being plunged into "that place we never speak of again", we can safely use VPNs or Chrome Extentions.

I'm already using the latter buuuut I'm holding off uploading Vocaloid videos until then. 

If you guys really want to see the RED Rebellion, look at the #Youtube Kpop twitter tag.

But all of honesty it's still unjustified that they're removing videos if the content creators don't want to be part in this.

Quote: 

and nobody will pay the $10 fee that they're charging for the Red service.
While this is optional and all, I did see some people who are totally in for the Red service despite the fact it's majorly inconvenient from the start of Friday night, 10/23.

I can understand offline viewing and background playing but it's not worth taking videos off.

Just remember, ALL THE SPONSORED VIDEOS THAT WILL BE SPAMMING YOUR FEED IF YOU DON'T PAY THE $10
“You, people down there, are you satisfied with the way the world is? As for me… I hate it.” – Lockon Stratos
More stupid feature from YouTube ? Why am I not surprise ..... 1st the YouTube team were too lazy to really check my reported video of my Cornsnake LIVE FEEDING ( 300,000 + views what a shame .. ) ( warned in title , description , and comment ) that was claimed "Supporting acts of violence" when it was really butthurt people unable to read and thinking they really gotta show their butthurt opinion. Now we gotta pay to stop unnecessary spam feeds and worse of all videos are getting taken off cause of the stupid Red whatever you call it.

[Image: Death_Note_Letter_J_by_Junsui88.jpg]
Google has gone downhill nowadays (and yes, Google owns YouTube.)

So uh... I don't know. Best if we stick to VPNs and all that dandy IP stuff.