• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What marbles do we use?
Yesterday night I did some testing with my Break Bomber Battlefield. I would usually use the plastic B-Da Marbles included and used IX's brilliant challenge with it. As I was doing this, it was pretty difficult so I decided to use glass B-Dama next. To my result, less glass B-Dama "landed" in the other side and I had more to use. So I started to think.

We don't have a stance on B-Dama, B-DaBalls or B-Da Marbles. Our last discussion was that we would legalize them all but my testing thinks otherwise. See in games a la Break Bomber, the less marbles one loses to their opponent - the more advantage they have as IX stated in his video. For some reason, B-Da Marbles are more likely to be lost to one's opponent while with B-Dama they have a better "rebound".

We don't have any testing methods so I created my own:

B-Daman
Head: Dravise.
Arm: Scorpio.
Leg: Dravise.
Core: Rev.
Tune-Up Gear: Wide Magazine.

For each different marble type, I did five rounds. That means for the next round, I set back up the Break Bomber Battlefield blocks and reloaded. One important change I made from IX's challenge is that I'd only reload if I ran out of marbles. Meaning I wouldn't put back more marbles if there were say, 1 or 2 already in the Magazine.

B-Da Marble testing
("10" represents the marble amount and the number before it describes how many were left after knocking all blocks)
[list type=decimal]
[*]4/10
[*]4/10
[*]0/10 (2 Blocks left)
[*]4/10
[*]2/10
[/list]

B-Dama testing
[list type=decimal]
[*]6/10
[*]8/10
[*]3/10
[*]6/10
[*]6/10
[/list]

As one can deduce from these results, B-Da Marbles did worse compared to B-Dama. I didn't use B-DaBalls due to time constraints and there's probably not a difference between them and B-Da Marbles. I want users to express their thoughts and if you're willing to do some testing like I did---that'd be awesome. I am open to test requests but I want to give users a feel for what I mean.

Let's only use B-Dama for tournaments and online challenges.
Away
Why not B-DaMarbles?
A-ya, AKA the dead unfortunate.
[quote name="MasterRPGMan" post="1873" timestamp="1376499376"]
Why not B-DaMarbles?
[/quote]

Did you read my marble testing at all?
Away
Yeah. :/ What if people Only have B-Damarbles?
We're thinking for tournaments, hosts would supply them. For online challenges they would have to make do with what they have.

Whatever it is, I want users to understand my point with B-Dama.
Away
So, you're saying that glass B-Dama work more effectively in that performance test?
[Image: AlexSingature1.png] Credit to EdBoy3 (thanks, dude!)
Yes, if one looked at my tests anybody would know that. However that is not helping because feedback's needed.
Away
Sorry about that. I would say...these results sound quite promising.
nope, no way I want to eventually host events but I'm not gonna spend more money to import bdama, some people are only able to get b-damarbles I think if a host is able to and is willing to supply b-dama that is fine but to make it a rule, I don't think so
[Image: FJ9BEy.gif]
Honestly, as much as we love Glass B-Dama, we absolutely must give an option to use either, as not everyone has Glass B-Dama.

However Ed, you used a Rapid-Fire type for that test. Can you also do tests with a Power-type, perhaps Thunder  (Accele) Dracyan?
[quote name="Axel" post="1881" timestamp="1376501272"]
nope, no way I want to eventually host events but I'm not gonna spend more money to import bdama, some people are only able to get b-damarbles I think if a host is able to and is willing to supply b-dama that is fine but to make it a rule, I don't think so
[/quote]

Yet you go to WBO tournaments only using Stadiums Hasbro never released? Importing B-Dama is not expensive as Beyblade stadiums the WBO favours and we want to give each player the best opportunity possible. Be more open minded.

[quote author=~Mana~ link=topic=156.msg1882#msg1882 date=1376501949]
Honestly, as much as we love Glass B-Dama, we absolutely must give an option to use either, as not everyone has Glass B-Dama.

However Ed, you used a Rapid-Fire type for that test. Can you also do tests with a Power-type, perhaps Thunder  (Accele) Dracyan?
[/quote]

Like I typed, if forums like the WBO exclude Hasbro Stadiums, then we can apply that for B-DaBalls and B-Da Marbles.

I will test with Thunder Dracyan.
Away
Alright, Ed, let's see what you can do with this one!  8)
Well in asia region mostly they (including me) really don't have a single b-damarbles or b-daball..
We use plain old glass marbles or official b-dama...
It's easier to get here than plastic marbles...
@ mbaheganteng: Thankfully, there are no plastic B-Dama in Asia, unless you count the Strike Shots. Glass B-Dama are well-balanced, good for any game, and gets the job done
Glass B-dama perform way better than plastic b-daballs. On my Accele=Dracyan, the "Drive shot" effect barley works with plastic b-daballs. After hitting a target (3 Glass marbles), the plastic b-daball slowly did the drive effect and bounced constantly. When using a glass B-dama and after hitting the target, the b-dama did the drive effect, bounces a little, and struck the target again, I did this on a tile floor Wink.
<p class="bbc_center">[Image: StaticBladez11Signature%60.png]

<p class="bbc_center">(Edboy3 made this Signature ^_^)
Results for Thunder Dracyan with Wide Magazine:

B-Da Marble testing
[list type=decimal]
[*]5/10
[*]5/10
[*]0/10 (6 Blocks left)
[*]2/10
[*]0/10 (4 Blocks left)
[/list]

B-Dama testing
[list type=decimal]
[*]6/10
[*]6/10
[*]2/10
[*]8/10
[*]9/10
[/list]

Once again, B-Dama made more of a difference than B-Da Marbles but this time more noticeably. I don't have any Precision Types so I can only show tests for Power and Rapid-Fire Type B-Damans. We need to make a consensus on this as soon as possible.

For those who don't have B-Dama, they'll need to try and purchase some. If not, they can just go to events where the host can provide. Though users shouldn't be excluded just because they don't have glass. I think we can create separate tournament formats for B-DaBalls and B-Da Marbles but we greatly need your thoughts on this.
Away
I would like b dama but i got none and i dont think it's fair all :l
New proposal:

Considering not everybody can obtain B-Dama, how about accepting B-Dama, B-DaBalls and B-Da Marbles for any tournament or online challenge? For any event, the same marble type must be used so B-Dama can only be used with B-Dama. Likewise for games like Break Bomber, both players must use the same marble type.

When creating tournaments, hosts would specify what their tourney's marbles would use. Whether it be B-Dama, B-DaBalls or B-Da Marbles or a combination of certain ones or even all three. The format depends on what the host carries.

This sounds much fairer, no?
Away
Yes. It is fair.
Yes yes it does