B-Daman Wiki Forums
B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - Printable Version

+- B-Daman Wiki Forums (http://forum.bdamanwiki.com)
+-- Forum: B-Daman Tournament Play (http://forum.bdamanwiki.com/Forum-B-Daman-Tournament-Play)
+--- Forum: Rulings (http://forum.bdamanwiki.com/Forum-Rulings)
+--- Thread: B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! (/Thread-B-Daman-Wiki-competitive-rule-set-we-need-your-input)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - RezonAce - Tuesday June 18th, 2013

As I've said, I'm trying to gain input on a B-Daman Wiki-specific rule set.

So far, some general rules are in place for universal play;

1. B-Daman are not weapons, and should not be used to cause physical harm.

2. Only use official Takara Tomy, Sonokong or Hasbro products.

3. Where applicable, use official B-Daman battlefields.

Things like shooting areas, game and series specific rules, that kind of thing I want input on.

These are the ideas in question that may need rules.

-Strike Shot rule: Should Strike Shots be restricted to Battle B-Daman models only?

-Movement rule: How much room should the player have to move/turn his/her B-Daman?

-Tune-Up Gear:What constitutes a Tune Up Gear in each series, and should they be restricted?

-Game specific rules: Since B-Daman has more than one game type, it's important we go over them and regulate them.

I'd appreciate any input! Thanks!

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - _____ - Tuesday June 18th, 2013

While Strike Shots seem to be compatible with any generation of B-Damans, they should be Battle B-Daman-only due to a previous post Rezon made on the WBO's "General B-Daman Thread".

I'm unsure for what to do with movement.

Tune-Up Gear definitely needs restriction along with Version-Up Parts. A maximum of 2 Tune-Up and 1 Version-Up or 1 Tune-Up in conjunction with 1 Version-Up sounds fair, no?

While there are many game types, what exact games can we implement as a B-Daman community? Unlike Beyblade, this is an open-ended game we're talking about because it's not as simple as launching a spinning top and spectating the outcome. For Cross Fight play, Break Bomber is the only game tool arguably utilizing Power, Rapid-Fire and Precision.

Should we create our own game types?

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - ~Mana~ - Tuesday June 18th, 2013

I would've said the following:
  • B-Daman used in any competitive game should be from the same series. This should be specified before a match, event or tournament.
  • Strike Shots are only permitted in matches/tournaments where the Battle B-Daman toyline is the main focus.
  • B-Daman should be restricted to one magazine and two other Tune-Up Gear/Version-Up Parts. Metal Studs count as a Tune-Up Gear.
  • B-Daman may be moved anywhere in their "zone". This rule is invalid in Direct Hit Battle matches, as B-Daman must stay in the same location.

Game types, I would suggest the following:
  • Break Bomber/DX Break Bomber 7: Doesn't really need an explanation at all right now, everyone is familiar with Break Bomber.
  • Vertigo Spin (Break Ball): Winner is the player who shoots their three balls out of the spinner first. Power-type B-Daman are forbidden from this event.
  • Surge Strike (Power Push): Winner is the player who shoots three out of five of the rods to the opponents side of the field.
  • Knock the Pins: Can either be judged by time trial or by number of B-Dama used. First to knock over the ten pins wins.
  • Direct Hit Battle: Exclusive to DHB Models. Best of three match. Shoot the opponents disable switch to win the round.

And a few more. Those are just to throw something out there. I would suggest we need separate rulings for each series of B-Daman.

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - _____ - Tuesday June 18th, 2013

[quote name="~Mana~" post="296" timestamp="1371586594"]
  • B-Daman should be restricted to one magazine and two other Tune-Up Gear/Version-Up Parts. Metal Studs count as a Tune-Up Gear.
[/quote]

Do you mean a Magazine can be used in addition to 1 Tune-Up and 1 Version-Up, 2 Tune-Up or even 2 Version-Up? 3 Tune-Up Gear would be very unfair and really "overkill" along with two Version-Up.

Would the Twin Magazine count as 1 or 3 Tune-Up because it can hold two Wide Magazines.

[quote author=~Mana~ link=topic=46.msg296#msg296 date=1371586594]
  • B-Daman may be moved anywhere in their "zone". This rule is invalid in Direct Hit Battle matches, as B-Daman must stay in the same location.
[/quote]

So B-Damans cannot move strictly sideways during DHB?

Quote:
  • Vertigo Spin (Break Ball):Winner is the player who shoots their three balls out of the spinner first. Power-type B-Daman are forbidden from this event.

That is a great prerequisite.

We also need to create a banned or illegal parts topic. Should Super Fusion be a concern or remain legal? Or how about Ultimate Dragren and Triple=Gilcyon?

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - ~Mana~ - Tuesday June 18th, 2013

[quote name="EdBoy3" post="299" timestamp="1371587484"]
Do you mean a Magazine can be used in addition to 1 Tune-Up and 1 Version-Up, 2 Tune-Up or even 2 Version-Up? 3 Tune-Up Gear would be very unfair and really "overkill" along with two Version-Up.

Would the Twin Magazine count as 1 or 3 Tune-Up because it can hold two Wide Magazines.
[/quote]

The Twin Magazine would count as your magazine. If you want to put Wide Magazines on the ends of the Twin Magazine, those are deducted from your Tune-Up allowance. So, having a Twin Magazine with Two Wide Magazines uses up your entire allowance.

[quote author=EdBoy3 link=topic=46.msg299#msg299 date=1371587484]
So B-Damans cannot move strictly sideways during DHB?
[/quote]

That's what I would suggest. Are they allowed to move side-to-side in the official gametype rulebook?

[quote author=EdBoy3 link=topic=46.msg299#msg299 date=1371587484]
We also need to create a banned or illegal parts topic. Should Super Fusion be a concern or remain legal? Or how about Ultimate Dragren and Triple=Gilcyon?
[/quote]

Triple=Gilcyon is instantly added to that. Left=Stallion and Right=Drake can only be used one at a time.

Shall I start an official ruling thread and lock it so we can slowly add to it?

[quote name="~Mana~" post="300" timestamp="1371587903"]
The Twin Magazine would count as your magazine. If you want to put Wide Magazines on the ends of the Twin Magazine, those are deducted from your Tune-Up allowance. So, having a Twin Magazine with Two Wide Magazines uses up your entire allowance.
[/quote]

But what about my Tune-Up and Version-Up Parts concern? Imagine a B-Shot using 1 Magazine, 1 Barrel and 1 Stabilizer. 2 Version-Up especially because one could use a Buster Leg (which provides a ridiculous amount of stability) and the Canon Arm.

[quote author=~Mana~ link=topic=46.msg300#msg300 date=1371587903]
That's what I would suggest. Are they allowed to move side-to-side in the official gametype rulebook?
[/quote]

Yes, because being unable to move them would finish the game 5 seconds in.

[quote author=~Mana~ link=topic=46.msg300#msg300 date=1371587903]
Shall I start an official ruling thread and lock it so we can slowly add to it?
[/quote]

Yes.

Well, just a restriction to two TUG/VUP? Means they could use any combination of them, but no more.

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - RezonAce - Wednesday June 19th, 2013

I'm glad there's been some attention already.

I was thinking it over today, and (in this B-Shot's humble opinion) I think the limit for Tune Up Gear should be as follows;

2 Tune Up Gear (must be classed as Tune Up Gear) or 1 Version Up Part. Version Up parts are for all intents and purposes two Tune Up gear and should be treated as such.

I also have a few to add to the "banned" list;

Omega Bahamut (for the same reason as Triple=Gilcyon)

Combat Phoenix (I've had this one, and it's unfairly powerful even without the Mega Cannon Wings, not to mention it takes a lot of effort to fire)

B-Daman combinations that use more than one core/hold (I.E. Rave Pegasus and Shade Wyvern)

I also think that as long as we're talking about game types, I'm going to say Crash Tower should be legal, for Crash Towers are relatively easy to obtain, and it makes a great stand-in for DHB on Crash/Crossfire models.

That's all I have for now; but I'm logging everyone's ideas and making an official rule book.

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - _____ - Wednesday June 19th, 2013

[quote name="RezonAce" post="305" timestamp="1371602834"]
B-Daman combinations that use more than one core/hold (I.E. Rave Pegasus and Shade Wyvern)
[/quote]

They can just be used separately.

Combinable B-Damans in general need utmost consideration. Like Blast Griffon, Bakurekuso, King Bakurekuso, Eclipse Dragon and so forth---legal or not, that's the question.

Mega Diabros, Gatling Hades, IR B-Damans and the miniature B-Damans are without question in the illegal bucket. However what should be said about Bomberman B-Damans?

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - ~Mana~ - Wednesday June 19th, 2013

I don't think we'll be running a Bomberman B-Daman format. It doesn't seem worth the trouble.

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - _____ - Wednesday June 19th, 2013

DHB System Battle B-Damans?

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - ~Mana~ - Wednesday June 19th, 2013

DHB is only legal in Direct Hit Battle matches. In all others, they should be banned.

I mean the first Battle B-Daman products like Cobalt Sword and Chrome Lancer.

Oh. I'll say they're legal. I can't really see any reason why they shouldn't be.

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - mbaheganteng - Wednesday June 19th, 2013

I think crash b daman combined form eclipse dragon is legal because they only use one core...
Hmm then i have seen this combination Justice ifrit +beat launcher+ Mach garuda Just like triple=gilcyon , it should be illegal
And about super b daman i think burning atlas should be counted as illegal...
See this vids:
I shoot 3 or 4 marbles at a time and also huge power because slamming trigger will excels the power to maximum

I completely agree. Added.

If Burning Atlas is being banned, Hammer Gemini should too.
But what about Striker Gemini?
Their combination: United Gemini also needs a ban.

I would say Striker Gemini is perfectly fine. Hammer Gemini and United Gemini have been added to the ban list.

inb4 spoiler spam

Galaxy Fortress is undoubtedly forbidden because look at the size of that thing!
Wait, are you sure Omega Bahamut was not confused for Ultimate Bahamut? Rezon typed Omega Bahamut was banned for the same reason as Triple=Gilcyon---I'm assuming it was because they could combine, right?

Omega Bahamut:
Alpha Bahamut:
This is Ultimate Bahamut near the top, left-hand corner:
Omega Bahamut does have the Triple Shot just like Triple=Gilcyon so that could be why. Alpha Bahamut doesn't need a ban, though.

Eclipse Dragon is another combination that is between Shining Pegasus and Reflect Wyvern. It should be banned because of its extremely long Barrel:
We need a consensus on Bakurekuso and King Bakurekuso.

Bakurekuso:
King Bakurekuso:
Also, provide a disclaimer stating that the following B-Damans are legal as long as only one is used in a match and will not be combined:
Left Lion
Right Eagle
Striker Gemini
Alpha Bahamut
Left Stallion
Right Drake

B-Daman Wiki competitive rule set, we need your input! - JustAlex93F - Thursday June 20th, 2013

If you're going to ban anything of Combat Phoenix, at least ban the Astral System EX Core. Oh, and the same with the Gatling Hades' Charge Drive System, but not Hades' armor pieces.